Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

AC27 GDL editor WTF

kmcw
Contributor

There are two funktions in AC27 Editor driving me crazy.

A) Track and drop from 2D Symbol to 2D text doesn't work anymore. The arrow symbol changes though.

B) When writing a command and pressing enter it writes the syntax of the commant into the script. I expect to jump to the next line. Also the window with suggestions overlaps other text I may want to read.

Does someone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

A). You can create the script from selection in plan

It doesn't work from the 2D symbol window any more unfortunately.

But is more powerful now.

BarryKelly_0-1713429813650.png

B). Try pressing ESC instead of ENTER

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Well,

ESC still asks for enter afterwards. But i tried STR+ENTER what works. At least two buttons at the same time and not one after another.

Well it's not more powerfull as I can't make changes in the 2D symbol anymore and trag them over. For example Adding an Hotspot without calculating the Point

Also When "importing" 2D drawings into the gdl object it also uses the relative coordinates of the drawing not even repositioning them to origin (0|0) with ADD2 in the script. 

I also like to use Hotspots to find specific points in a script. f.e. if a Poly has many points and I am not sure which one i need I get his coordinatsfaster with track and drop from the 2D symbol.

All that i cant do anymore. So it's NOT MORE powerfull. it's far less powerfull as i can't do things anymore it could do before. And I actually don't see the reason why. Similar to not being able to use etiket text as a trigger for overwriting because it was gone in one AC-Version. 

Sorry, ESC cancels the completion of the command and you will have to Press ENTER to go to the next line.

You just can't use the 2D symbol window any more.

Copy it to your floor plan (keep it on the project origin (original position) when you paste it.

You don't need to draw it in the 2D symbol window and then paste to the floor plan, just draw in the floor plan.

But if you need to keep the drawing for future use, you will need to copy it from the floor plan to the 2D symbol window.

When I say it is more powerful, I mean you can now model walls, slabs roof, morphs, what ever you want in plan and copy to the 2D as well as the 3D script.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thats exactly my problem. I used the 2D symbol to "safe" Informations i dont need now but want to have them with the right origin for easier use later. Now I need to copy an past to the Plan window what is more complicatet than before and opens the posibility for errors. Also I need to draw whatever 2D i want next to the origin if I want to have clean koordinates. So basically drawing those informations exactly where i do have my model instead of an empty window. - Its's just a mess I don't know why they reprogrammed it that way. They could have just kept the drag and trop funktion and all would be fine. sorry if a sound mad. but I am as I Have a big struckture built on the possibility to use that funktion. It's messing with my workflow completely.

@kmcw wrote:

Also I need to draw whatever 2D i want next to the origin if I want to have clean koordinates. So basically drawing those informations exactly where i do have my model instead of an empty window.

Don't forget you can use a 'blank' layer and turn all other layers off.

I agree though, it would be good if they could have left the ability to still drag and drop from the 2D symbol window as well.

Maybe both methods are just not compatible?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Patrick M
Advisor

yes, the autofill when hitting enter has been driving me nuts. I've gotten into the habit of hitting space 3-5x before hitting enter just to clear the auto-fill function

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2