Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Disable Label Pointer/Arrow

Jochen Suehlo
Advisor

I want to disable the pointer/arrow in cases that the label shall be invisible (MVO driven).
Is there a command to disable the pointer?

Jochen Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 14.4 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
7 REPLIES 7

Does this help?

modelViewOptions:
myModelViewOption:
label:
Hide: true

This code will hide the label pointer as part of the myModelViewOption. Make sure to adjust the names according to your actual model and view option names.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.1
macOS Sonoma (14.5)
Jochen Suehlo
Advisor

Thank You Lee. Could you please describe the procedure in more detail, as I didn't quite understand it.

Hi Jochen,

Sorry I hadn't seen this reply. I'll be honest, I got that code from a search online. I'm not sure how to fully implement it and hoped you may know where to insert this in to the rest of the associated code and that it may assist. Have you tried reaching out to Graphisoft support, they may be able to help further?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.1
macOS Sonoma (14.5)

There is a label parameter:
LABEL_HAS_POINTER

the bottom of Label Parameters | GRAPHISOFT GDL Center

it may have to be added to Your label...and then hooked to the library global call (probably in master script)

Jochen Suehlo
Advisor

Thank You Piotr, but LABEL_HAS_POINTER is a Global Variable and cannot be overwritten.
I can turn the pointer on and off in the labels settings, and this effects the Value of LABEL_HAS_POINTER,

but only in this direction.
What I want, is to deactivate the Pointer in cases that the label is empty. I do not want to see a pointer when there is no text inside the label, but I want to see the pointer when there is text inside the label. (If text is shown or not is driven by MVO).

I did not test it, but I did the same with a lot of such parameters (mainly for doors& windows)... argh... so it is so deeply hardcoded  😞

it intrigues me...I will test my previous findings with such parameters.

Barry Kelly

I think you will find that label objects do not actually draw the leader.

That is done by the label tool and the label object simply uses the values of the leader co-ordinates to position the text if there is a leader.

If the leader is turned off, then you just get the label text at the object origin.

As Jochen said, I don't think there is any way to turn the leader on/of from the label object.

That is controlled from the tool only.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!