Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Is there a tool / object for making a mesh with a specified thickness?

gedzior84
Booster
Hello.

As in the topic, I wanted to ask you guys if there exists any tool that would allow me to create a mesh with a specified thickness, or layers.
For example, I have a terrain to model, but the ground has layers: 3cm of grass, 10cm of ground, and some other layers. The terrain is not flat - it has some holes and bumps. Is it possible to create this with one tool/object, not using layered slabs, roofs, and shells?

Przechwytywanie.JPG

58 REPLIES 58
Barry Kelly
A. wrote:
Here is that tool for Archicad 22. So whoever has 22 or 23 can easily open it.
Thank you.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Botonis
Advisor

Any help would be appreciated. I am constantly getting this error message for both 25 and 26 even in a new file.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 165523.jpg

Thanks.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Hello everyone,

I love this object and I use it in all my projects. 

But, small problem with the AC27 version. Hatching does not follow on each layer. It is the replacement hatch that takes over, so we no longer see the layers.

Is it possible to update the program in 27?

Hello everybody,

yeas please this is the issue of AC 27, please bring the topic back because this tool is so needed.

Hello!

First of all, thanks for an amazing tool! 

As it is stated, the tool diesnt work well with the AC 27 version because in the section, You cannot see the material fills.

Would it be possible to do a little update for AC 27?

Thanks so much!

I would steer clear of the mesh to roof tool, simply because when in floor plan view your once smooth mesh will be a series of roofs. A much simpler and cleaner way to do it is to simply copy the 1st mesh, drag it your desired dimension down, change the material to whatever. THEN, copy that mesh down a desired amount and turn it into soil. 

gZax
Contributor

I confirm that the skins are not visible on sections in AC 28 and 27. Any thoughts???

gZax_0-1726228887860.pngAC26

gZax_1-1726228921190.pngAC28

Giorgis
AC27 Intel Mac - Ventura
gZax
Contributor

Ok after some digging I discovered that v9 works fine with Archicad 27. I started from that version added all the previous translations plus Greek.  I also checked this version with AC28 TP and it works. Skins now show in Sections on newer Archicad versions.

gZax_0-1726324067184.png

AC28

PS: Someone with better knowledge may have time to compare this version with the versions 10-12 of the object. I am curious to find what exactly broke the functionality. By searching docs in GDL Center I didn't find any reference about changes in GDL versions in  that would justify this behavior.

Giorgis
AC27 Intel Mac - Ventura

Thanks @gZax .

The objects is not giving errors any more!!!

What is missing from the settings are the options for 2d fill on the floor plan. Any chance for this addition?

Greetings Giorgi!!!

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.