Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

Planar Shapes in 3D: i.e. Arc without fill

GDL Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I would like to generate simple 3D lines using the Planar Shapes, but oddly they always seem to come prefilled. I have attached a screen shot to show how it automatically fills the shapes.

Here is a sample 3D Script:

ARC 0.02, 90, 0
ADD 0.05, 0, 0
CIRCLE 0.02
ADD 0.03, 0, 0
RECT 0.02, 0.02

Is there a way to have them not filled, just a simple ARC line? 

Many thanks, Matt

Planar Shapes in 3D.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

Use "model wire" beforehand.

It's a bit counterintuitive, but these commands have no flag for surface generation, so that's the way!

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
runxel
Legend

Use "model wire" beforehand.

It's a bit counterintuitive, but these commands have no flag for surface generation, so that's the way!

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Thank you Runxel!!! I had been searching for a solution for many hours now and you solved it in a second, amazing! Best regards, Matt