Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

I have an M3 Max Macbook, and the info suggest that my file is Intel based

zsinyi
Newcomer

I have an M3 Max Macbook, and the info suggest that my file is Intel based file.
I downloaded the Apple Silicon variant Archicad 27, and the application info shows that as well. After updating to version 5003 the file preview shows that it is Intel based. Is it just a bug? I tried to download the update and Archicad says it is already updated.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 13.43.10.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I think it is just one of those things where the Quick Preview interface hasn't been updated or it could be because the file was originally created in the intel version.

I have just looked at various files I have created from our template (which was originally created in Archicad 18) and other new files and they all say Macintosh Intel. It could be similar to the new update and hot fix increments which don't show up in the quick preview information correctly.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

I think it is just one of those things where the Quick Preview interface hasn't been updated or it could be because the file was originally created in the intel version.

I have just looked at various files I have created from our template (which was originally created in Archicad 18) and other new files and they all say Macintosh Intel. It could be similar to the new update and hot fix increments which don't show up in the quick preview information correctly.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
archislave
Enthusiast

Let's hope this is all fixed when v28 is released in November I think.

Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan