cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

newbie with some problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Archicad users,
I am an Autocad user ) and I'm just starting using Archicad and I have some questions for you guys. I tried to find answers in the help but I didn't find anything.
So first question: when you already had created a door, how do you change the orientation of the opening? I used the symetry but it just work in one way. So I used a rotation and a symetry after but I'd like to know if there is an easier way of doing it?

Second question: there is a door with a sidelite and the door just open one way so is there a way of changing the opening in the block option?

Third question: is there a way of creating block like in autocad so if I change one block it changes all the same blocks at the same time?

I hope there are not too retarded questions, i'm just a beginner. )
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
1st probable answer:
If symmetry means mirror tool in pet palette then thats what I use, its easy and I always keep the middle axis. But sometimes I find it easier to just erase the door and do a new one. I don't know why exactly but you can use the alt button (Windows) to 'steal' the properties of the door and save them to the tool, then erase the door then do the same door with the direction I want.
2nd probable answer:
Maybe the button Flip in the first tab of the door settings will do what you want, maybe, maybe,I'm not so sure.
3d probable answer: Im not sure if it can happen like Autocad but I use the alt and alt+ctrl buttons to copy and then syringe properties to similar objects, its a fast way if you don't have too many objects but not as fast as blocks. I don't know...

I hope I could help a little
Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit--mirror, edit rotate