Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

3ds add-on not showing as option

cocoloco
Expert

hi! I download the goodies add-on that should include the 3ds files. It is checked that it is included however it does not show anywhere in menu, not even under search or Design Extra that some people found it... (yeah, just put it anywhere :D) 

Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 12.26.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 12.23.43 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 12.24.58 PM.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14 sonoma

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
15 REPLIES 15

So I do have archicad 27 and recently just reinstalled it all anyway with all the updates so it wasn't the case . However I reinstalled the goodies and it helped. Thanks! 

Usually just installing the goodies is all you need to do (and then apply the latest update/hotfix again).

But there was a bug in 26 where if you ran 26 before installing the goodies, then even when you do install them, you would not see the commands in the menus.

I am not sure if that was ever fixed or if it ever affected 27 as well.

But if you simply installed the goodies in 27 and you can see them in the menus, then it must be all good then.

I would still apply the latest update/hotfix as well.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
brucestar
Contributor

Your screenshot hints at a very interesting project you are working on. Is there anyway or place I can see more of it?

😂😂😂

I think it is flour........

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
cocoloco
Expert

thought I would mention this as it seems some comments got deleted or I am sklerotic and it’s in different field. 

All the goodies and stuff if burried in your not custom work environment, you need to switch to standard archicad environment……. And create new custom one , every single year, as your old one will not show new stuff and will not have setting in environment to show new stuff… 

you have to choose standard archicad environment in order for it to show  … and you have to create a new working environment if you want it to keep showing because the old environment is the old environment .. 🤣

basically I just found out that every year I update archicad it will only show in the new updated archicad work environment , NOT YOUR custom work environment so I missed half year on some features in main menu. And no you can’t add it into your custom environment because for some reason it’s not showing even as an option in work environment menu setting to add… so you have to create your same environment again, every year, if you want your updates and new features. Even though you just installed the updated archicad. it’s gettting confusing. Anywayyyyyyy 🤣

@cocoloco wrote:

And no you can’t add it into your custom environment because for some reason it’s not showing even as an option in work environment menu setting to add… so you have to create your same environment again, every year, if you want your updates and new features.

You can add new commands to your old custom Work Environment.

You just have to sort by the new commands to see what they are.

They will only be new for that version - i.e. in 27 you will not see the new commands from 26.

BarryKelly_0-1722565444415.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author