Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 9 starts very slow.

Anonymous
Not applicable
AC 9 starts very slow.... It takes over 3 minutes....
Is something wrong?

-sorry for my bad english...but I speak worse than writing...
But spellCheck is great thing.
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
aahatimo wrote:
woody, i am new to the mac & can not find the wibu utility. did you or others find it?
See my post about 10 posts up from this one

Woody
Karl Ottenstein
I was updating my Mac and found the link to the ArchiGuide article on disabling the temporary Amyuni driver (that I couldn't locate earlier in this thread):

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/SaveAsPDF.html

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys, I'm running OS X 10.3.8 on a G4 1.33ghz powerbook with 1 gig of RAM and just to get Archicad (v9, newest build) to get to the "start ArchiCAD" menu takes two or three minutes.
It looks like the pdf virtual print driver problem is for windows only, and when someone asked "what about mac" someone else answered "look back about ten posts," but there's nothing on here I can find about slow mac start times other than a post that says that the wibu key doesn't matter on OS X.
Am I misreading this thread in some fundamental way? Is there some basic step I should be taking to fix the ridiculously slow start times I'm experiencing?
Any ideas/help?

Thank you,
Brad O'Donnell
__archiben
Booster
Brad wrote:
Any ideas/help?
when was the last time you repaired permissions or ran a clean-up utility such as cocktail? simple things like running cocktail on 'pilot' every month can keep an OSX system purring along at great speed as opposed to grinding to a halt whilst it tries to maintain logs and caches from 12 months ago and navigates through it's files who's permissions have been altered, swapped, changed and generally shat upon from a great height by each and every installer that you've run since day one . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll certainly give cocktail a try, though I run all scripts on MacSweeper every week....

Thanks