BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 13 slow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone else getting super slow update and publishing from legacy jobs (v 10,11,12) in version 13???
We've had a single small residential plan take over 15mins to update drawings when in 12 it takes less than 3mins.
It's getting to a point here where I am about to get our users to abandon 13 completely! It really is that bad!!
26 REPLIES 26
Arcadia
Booster
I don't know about the OP but my slowness problems turned out to be issues with the code of 3rd party doors and windows (4D library) that only affected 64bit systems. Ben from 4D and a tech from Graphisoft tracked down the issue and everything has been sweet from then on. I'll be upgrading to V14 soon so it will be interesting what happens. I see on the changes list that they have improved the speed of shedule updates which would be handy.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
George

After sussing out the pen sets issue we stuck it out with 13. I have 14 on my machine and am going through our testing for the upgrade at the moment.
I have come to terms with the fact that no matter what we do I can't get windows to behave exactly the same on similar machines!
It is nothing we haven't been able to cope with though.
We are going to upgrade our 4D Library for 14 though so the slow down should be brought down a notch again. Fingers crossed.

At this stage it does look like we will go to 14 in the near future.
I'm digging the new offset setup enough to make it worth stepping up to!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kristian wrote:
In my review of 14, so far I've not seen (or remember) something obout
"offset setup".
Would you give me a hint?
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lec

On page 52 and then a little more on 454 of the 14 Reference guide it covers the new pet pallette offset options.
Either that or just draw a slab (or any other polygon) and left click, hold on any edge and it is in the pet pallette options! Plus you can CTRL/CTRL+ALT for copies!
We do curved driveways every now and again and this little introduction is pretty handy for that.
As well as pretty much every other offset. Especially as you now no longer have to look away from your drawing position and check your Relative Construction Methods.
Its nothing huge but it is nice!
Barry Kelly
lec1212 wrote:
Kristian wrote:
In my review of 14, so far I've not seen (or remember) something obout
"offset setup".
Would you give me a hint?
Thanks
Reference guide pages 52 & 53.

New offset command in menus and toolbar that allows copy and multiple copy offset and offset off multiple objects at one time.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you KRISTIAN & Barry.
I'll try to get around to installing 14 today and look that up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Arcadia wrote:
I don't know about the OP but my slowness problems turned out to be issues with the code of 3rd party doors and windows (4D library) that only affected 64bit systems. Ben from 4D and a tech from Graphisoft tracked down the issue and everything has been sweet from then on. I'll be upgrading to V14 soon so it will be interesting what happens. I see on the changes list that they have improved the speed of shedule updates which would be handy.
I have a problem with one file running incredibly slow with any non-plan editing. If i trim roofs, move walls, etc. in the 3d window I have to wait 5 min. + for the operation to take effect. I would check the 'custom' door as the source of the problem, but I have the same custom door on another project that runs fine. Any body run into anything that could be causing a file to run extremely slowly compared another file of comparable size and complexity/combination of elements used?
Learn and get certified!