Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 25 on Mac Lagging

Valeriya_G
Participant

Hi. I have problem with Archicad when Trace & Reference is on. I am using MacBook Pro M1 Max with 64 gb memory. The performance supposed to be good, but I can’t even start to draw  because of this lag, mouse not even moving on the screen. Is there any way to solve it? 
thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the experience!

When the slowness happens, is it intermittent or it will always happen with Trace & Reference active? Does it happen on a brand new file, or with a specific project only?

Furthermore, I would like to ask which Archicad version you are using?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

4hotshoes
Advisor

I use AC 24 on a MacBook Pro 15" 2019 and it tends to lag a little when using Trace Reference. It may not be AC25 on M1 Max. It may be a need for a Graphisoft refinement on Trace Reference?

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

Hi. Yeah it always happen when I turn on Trace & Reference in brand new file. I am using Archicad 25.

Ive seen that on previous versions it had also lagging problem,but its lagging way too much on M1 Max. Feels like the program not enough upgraded for a new Macs  ((

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi All,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience and I am very sorry for the issue!

From the investigation in another case, I found that: if you activate Trace&Reference while using a custom pen set, the performance can be quite bad. The reason here is that a custom pen set can cause unnecessary refreshes. Combining with Trace&Reference, it will cause some serious slowness. Also, tracing a saved view might also cause some slowness, as Archicad will have to display to different view settings on the plan.

Thus, I avoid having this combination in floorplan.

I hope this will give you some hints on the issue here. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Eduardo Rolon

FWIW I have the same spec Mac and 25 is working without any issues. Usually 4 ACs running at the same time and I don't see any lag on Trace/Ref. It is possible that there might be another reason for the slow down.

Try doing a New and Reset and create a new file using the GS template to see if it is something that was migrated. Also check that the Trace/Ref view you are using is simple and instead of linking to the one in the View Map use the one in the Project Map.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator