Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 27.2.0 Update Preview

vlahtinen
Enthusiast

Quote from Archicad 27.2.0 Update Preview announcement article:

Update Previews are an early version of the official update and may differ from the final release. However, they are thoroughly tested to ensure quality and reliability.

I’m confused. What does this mean? Is the update ready for use in production? How it may differ from the final release?

We will create Public Update packages for all languages in the coming months.

In the coming months? Really? Some fixes are already way overdue given that Archicad 27 was published four months ago.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

20 REPLIES 20

In my case, Archicad 27.2 Preview currently has an obvious problem converting 27.1.2 projects containing MEP.
But luckily 😊 Archicad 27.2 Preview has NO problems with converting MEP from version 27.1.2 PASTED FROM THE CLIPBOARD.
The following simple example of moving MEP geometry from 27.1.2 to 27.2 Preview works for me as it is not possible to immediately open a 27.1.2 MEP project in 27.2 Preview:

in Ac27.1.2:
1. Clone proj27.1.2.pln -> proj27.1.2tmp.pln.
2. Open proj27.1.2tmp.pln; remove all MEPs; save Changes.
3. Open proj27.1.2.pln; copy all MEPs to clipboard.

in Ac27.2 Preview:
1. Open proj27.1.2tmp.pln; PASTE all MEPs from the clipboard.
2. Disconnect the 27.1.2 libraries and connect 27.2..

READY !

--------------------
Why did I need 27.2 Preview so badly and not 27.1.2 ?
Because I was looking for a solution to ANOTHER problem: in my case, version 27.1.2 did not want me to export the building from MEP to *.obj format (I use obj models in Three.js to communicate with other designers/contractors/investor... via the given web gallery project).
However, I did not expect that the transition from 27.1.2 to 27.2 Preview (with MEP in the project) would also be a problem.
I understand that it is best to start and finish a project in the same version of the program. Well, the newer versions are tempting 😊

AC 7 - 27, Twinmotion | Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Dell 7740 Xeon | 64GB | Quadro RTX 3000 6GB + LG 2560x1080

Setup info provided by author