Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Changing composite dimensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there can anyone help me with a problem that i got, im using archicad on window XP pro, i have no problem with using archicad but there is only 1 thing that i can not change the composite structures dimension on, when i clicked on the composites menu, a popup menu came up but its does not poup down the Edit Selected item, the Edit skin and Line Structures is OK. Therefore i cannot change the dimension. Any help please thanks alot
lovetrain
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a little trouble understanding your problem. If you explain it a little more I will try to help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my problem, I want to change the composite structures for the wall. When i clicked on Option then Composites, then a Composite structures menu popup, it allowed you to Edit Skin Line Structure and Edit Selected Item. I can Edit Skin Line Structure but i cannot edit the Selected Item because the popup wont drop down when i clicked on the arrow. I hope u can understand my prob now and help me thanks alot
lovetrain
Erika Epstein
Booster
Changes to a composite are done in
options
composites
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I completely deleted all the composites that came with AC and created 90 or so new ones without any problem. I select the composite layer to edit. Below it has a drop down box with all the construction fills. I select the fill, set its thickness and move on to the next layer. If this is not easily working for you than something is wrong (Bug?) I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
Djordje
Ace
lovetrain wrote:
Hi there can anyone help me with a problem that i got, im using archicad on window XP pro, i have no problem with using archicad but there is only 1 thing that i can not change the composite structures dimension on, when i clicked on the composites menu, a popup menu came up but its does not poup down the Edit Selected item, the Edit skin and Line Structures is OK. Therefore i cannot change the dimension. Any help please thanks alot
lovetrain
Of course you can't.

You have to edit the composite structure if you want to change its dimensions. Go to Options/Composites, and make a copy of the existing one to edit, or edit existing ones, as needed. Then it will update in the plan, and the dimensions will follow whatever your changes are.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think I understand the problem. Lovetrain is saying that the 'Edit Selected Item' PANEL of the Dialog will not open down so he can not see any of the fields on that panel, so he cannot edit or change them. The "Edit Skin and Line Structure" panel DOES open down for him so he can edit everything there.
What he referred to as popup is really called PANEL.
I think this might be a graphics card problem. Try downloading the latest drivers for your card to see if that helps.
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo Nagy
uh huh that's the problem the pannel of Edit Selected Item wont drop down for me to edit therefore i can only change the Skin&Line Structure by inserting whatever its already have of the composites. Referring to ur solution that i might needs to update the graphics card, did you mean the graphics card of the computer system?. Anyway thanks alot people for trying to help me, im apprecitaed for that and one thing does anyone had the same problem? or am i the only one?

lovetrain
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh yeah one more thing i have'nt mentioned. When i clicked on the Edit Selected Item arrow the pannel quickly drop down and it goes up again, so its tricky tho, its open but its goes up again, is this a Bug problem or something esle ?

lovetrain
Anonymous
Not applicable
bytheway i'm using archicad 8.1 on XP pro SP1 AMD Athlon(tm) XP2600+
2.08 GHz, 1.50 GB of RAM

lovetrain