Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Glazing transparancy in section window

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I am stumped. When projecting a section/elevation, is there a way to prevent elements beyond the glass of a window from appearing in the window? Please see attached.
Thanks,
Scott

Temp-Seciton.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Scott wrote:
I just had a case where I had merrily set up 12 elevations (3 ele's of 4 options), saved the views, discovered trnasparency was on, I had to go to each saved view, change the 3D window settings to "transparency - off", close the 3D window, redefine the view, do the next one...
Theoretically... (don't remember if I tried it, but I think I did) shouldn't it work to just open the first view, and then redefine all the other views without opening them? I would think that since you're only changing the settings, you should not have to open each view in order to redefine it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sergio wrote:
s2art wrote:
Scott wrote:
I just had a case where I had merrily set up 12 elevations (3 ele's of 4 options), saved the views, discovered trnasparency was on, I had to go to each saved view, change the 3D window settings to "transparency - off", close the 3D window, redefine the view, do the next one...
Theoretically... (don't remember if I tried it, but I think I did) shouldn't it work to just open the first view, and then redefine all the other views without opening them? I would think that since you're only changing the settings, you should not have to open each view in order to redefine it.
Yes, except you don't need to open any particular view at all. In the view editor you can select any number of views and redefine them all to the current settings. Besides scale and display options this will also reset the dimension settings and 3D transparency. Naturally it is usually best not to select views of different types when you do this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it not the case that if you have view A open, redefine it, select view B from your view set (but don't open it) then redefine B, it is now the same as view A?
TomWaltz
Participant
s2art wrote:
Is it not the case that if you have view A open, redefine it, select view B from your view set (but don't open it) then redefine B, it is now the same as view A?
No, only its settings apply (Layer Combination, Scale, etc). There is no way to change the source View of a saved view.
Tom Waltz