Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac Users: Do not upgrade to macOS 14.0 Sonoma before reading this...

Karl Ottenstein

macOS 14.0 Sonoma was released today (September 26, 2023).  Every year, a bunch of folks immediately upgrade and then start posting here about things that don't work.  Don't be one of those people 😀 Instead, first read Norbert Kucsma's official Graphisoft article on Sonoma compatibility here:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/macOS-14-Sonoma/ta-p/385787

Edit:  See Norbert's message below that 26 and 27 are compatible today.  However, it is worth reviewing the issues in the article linked above to see if they will impact you enough that you'd want to wait for the next updates to each of those versions.

In particular, note in the article that Archicad 23 and earlier will not even start under Sonoma.  If you are still using 23 or earlier, please do not upgrade your macOS!

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
53 REPLIES 53

Still an issue with build 4060...seriously Graphisoft?!!

Tamas Gaspar from GS Tech Support wrote:

"The development is working hard on the tests of Archicad 27.2.0, which contain numerous bugfixes. We should make sure that the update is being released in proper quality, so this why we need to wait some more days until the release it in the beginning of February."

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/macOS-Sonoma-Caps-Lock-Issue/m-p/585549/high...

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

And as we are just upon release of Sequoia one wonders if we will be again at some point we were when this Sonoma thread started?

There’s a preview update released for AC27 which specifically lists issues with Sequoia which have already been fixed so hopefully it will be a lot smoother than previous years. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 TP Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)

Hi, 

We are not aware of any critical issues, feel free to check out the known errors (and their planned fix dates) here: macOS 15 Sequoia. We will keep that article updated with the latest news.

Kind regards,

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

Hello @Norbert Kucsma,

The Upgrade Checklist posted to the page you linked to seems to indicate we need to reinstall Archicad after upgrading but does not say that directly. Please clarify. Thanks. 

Upgrade checklist

• Study macOS Sequoia articles for any known issues and difficulties
  • Back up all of your data, including Archicad- and BIMcloud-specific data before upgrading the operating system 
  • Upload all Software keys to the License Pool
  • Return all borrowed licenses before upgrading the OS
  • Allow yourself enough time for the upgrade, do not upgrade the OS close to a deadline
  • Install macOS Sequoia
  • Install Archicad ⁉️
  • Install all updates for the new operating system
  • Install all updates for Graphisoft products
  • Install the macOS Sequoia compatible protection key driver
  • Test Archicad and BIMcloud
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

Hi Geoff,

Sorry for the mistake.

You are right, it is not needed to reinstall Archicad after upgrading. 

Kind regards,

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

@Lee Hankins wrote:

There’s a preview update released for AC27 which specifically lists issues with Sequoia which have already been fixed so hopefully it will be a lot smoother than previous years. 

I just read through the release notes and saw nothing pertaining to Sequoia fixes.

There was supposed to be 4 problems fixed, but I see not mention of any of them.

Maybe they are just not in the preview version but will be in the final release?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Sorry @Barry ,

My bad, it's the tech preview update for 28 that has the issues fixed for Sequoia so 28 release should be fixed. AC27 will have the fixes applied to the 27.3.0 update apparently. Sorry about the confusion. I am currently upgrading to Sequoia to test before upgrading the office and buying new hardware so I'll update with any other issues I find.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 TP Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)

@Lee Hankins can you please start a new thread? It would make it easier for people to follow up on the news about Sequoia. Thank you for willing to share your results with the Community! 

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin