Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Navigator Window Disappears

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a Mac user. I have Powerbook G4 with OS 10.3.9.
I have been practicing with AC10 for a few weeks.
Today I brought in one of my projects created in AC7 to AC10. The transition appeared to go fine until I started to replace my AC7 objects with AC10 objects. The 'beach ball' spun what seemed like forever. I had to force quit the AC10 application couple times. After that I noticed that whenever I click on the drawing window the Navigator disappears.

This continues to happen on a new AC10 file as well. Shutting down the computer and restarting did not help.

Greatly appreciate a solution.

BR
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
A lot has happened between AC7 and AC10. You may do best to open and save the file in 9 before opening it in 10. The library parts may be trying to convert some incompatible settings (this may be a wild guess). I would try either making the library change in 9 also, or set up the desired part as a new instance in 10 and then eyedropper (option or alt click) and syringe (apple+option or ctrl+alt click) to apply the new settings t the old instance. Favorites might also work.

To fix the ongoing instability try opening a new file with the ArchiCAD default settings. Failing that you may need to rebuild the preferences or reinstall ArchiCAD 10.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Mathew. I tried doing all of your listed recommendations except doing the conversion through AC9 first.

Thanks for your response.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It sounds like your Navigtor is simply set to Auto-Hide. Just right click on it an unindent the Auto-Hide Navigator option.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Earlier I took Mathew's suggestion and reinstalled AC10 and its update. Then I opened the AC7 file in AC9 and replaced the objects. Finally I opened this revised file in AC10 and replaced the objects once again. So far no problem (cross finger).

I will look into your suggestion as well.

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link,

That worked! I didn't even know I could right click on palettes... I had to try a few different areas of the window but once I was able to right click, I discovered it was set to auto-hide.

No idea how that happened in the first place.

Thanks so much!

Best,

R.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
It sounds like your Navigtor is simply set to Auto-Hide. Just right click on it an unindent the Auto-Hide Navigator option.

Cheers,
Link.
Thanks for the tip, but the thumb-tack icon is backwards. Out when the navigator stays put. In for auto-hide.