Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Unable to run multiple language versions of ARCHICAD

NomadArchitect1988
Contributor

I have installed an INT and NZE version of Archicad 26 on my laptop (Macbook Pro, Intel) but there seems to be an error every time I try to start the INT version. Please see attached screenshot.

Each language version of Archicad (INT and NZE) has its own folder renamed to their specific version.

Has anyone had an issue with or tried doing this and had a similar error?

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 9.33.14 PM.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
Miha_M
Advisor

I've had a different experience running INT (my license) and GER version (cooperation with a german based office). The INT license doesn't support the GER version as well, so I had to adopt lots of INT version settings, additional built-in GER addons, properties, classifications and ifc translators..., a big headache.

Your problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with your license though, or does it?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

@Miha_M wrote:

Your problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with your license though, or does it?

It shouldn't be.

I can run the INT and AUS versions on the same license.

I would assume NZE would be the same although I have never tried it.

They are all English language versions which is why I think they can all run from the same license.

I can't run other language versions though.

The error sounds to me that it was not installed fully.

Maybe try a re-install?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon

They should run without issues.

IIRC a long time ago you didn't need to install 2 separate versions with just copying the folder and renaming it AC would work fine. The error you show reminds me of when things changed.

My solution would be to uninstall both versions of AC and restart.

Then reinstall AC and during the installation process change the name of the folder to AC INT (or however you like) and then run the installer for the NZ changing its installation folder name.

This should avoid one installation overwriting the settings of the other.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

LeoP
Participant

So sort of on this topic. Background: we have a new office and need to decide if we are committing to Archicad or the R named program that we hate. We are more familiar with AC having used in other offices/school and it’s way cheaper so it seems a no brainer BUT we just got a project in other country that would require us to work in Spanish (we are from Brazil so we have a Portuguese license)

I just got an email from a sales representative saying that I can use Archicad ESP with my Archicad BRA license, even though I had googled and got very mixed answers about this (mostly negative). It seemed that a BRA license would be just for Brazilian Portuguese + International which wouldn’t work for us but the email I got and some answers from here indicate that it might work? Like just installing both versions maybe? Sorry I’m just trying to be sure since l haven’t bought the license yet nor have the program installed to test it out. 

NomadArchitect1988
Contributor

Hi All! 

Thanks for the response. 
I tried one of the option of re-installing both Archicad versions (INT and NZE) separately again with different folder names. Same issue, only this time since I installed the NZE version second it is now the one that is showing the previous error message.

I may need to get in touch with Central Innovation, the reseller for Archicad in New Zealand to get this resolved.

Thanks Barry!

I tried your suggestion and still the same issue. Only difference is it is now happening on the NZE version as I installed it last. 

Will try to get in touch with Central Innovation to get some further assistance.

@LeoP wrote:

Like just installing both versions maybe? Sorry I’m just trying to be sure since l haven’t bought the license yet nor have the program installed to test it out. 

You can download and install any language version you want.

If it runs great.

If it doesn't then you will need to think about extra licenses.

But do you really need them?

The interface will be in Portuguese, but there is nothing stopping you from documenting the plans in Spanish.

It is only you that sees the interface, the files are compatible in any language version.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

If it is just the INT libraries you want, then now you have installed (although not successfully enough to run) you might have the libraries in the program folder you can simply load.

The template seems like it might be a problem but if you have the NZE version running then I don't think you will need anything from the INT version.

The software itself is identical anyway.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

I tried just installing and using the .tpl file of the INT version of Archicad but I do not want the add-ons showing up on the final model I am making. (i.e. Ci Tools, layer sets specifics for New Zealand, etc.) I am consulting with some Clients overseas and I feel that the INT version would be the best starting point as it is the cleanest and least amount of geography-specific add-ons or settings as I will be providing the Archicad file to the Client at the end of the Contract. I do not want to have the settings, add-ons, library that I have on my office template. As well as the extra data from the Ci Tools add-ons.

Sorry, can't be more specific than that.