Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

magic mouse!

aahatimo
Newcomer
http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/
looks great! will it work w/ ac?
i miss my multitouch pad when using apple ext keyboard, was considering some other input device, this may be it.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
71 REPLIES 71
PB
Advocate
Thank you, Matthew - I've turned down the sensitivity, and shall see how I get on.....

Update: Turning down the sensitivity has helped,... and also I have found that I need to be more firm/positive with my finger placement! I have discovered that I have a tendency to let my fingers 'drift' lightly over the mouse surface...! (reminder to self: Keep fingers firmly on mouse!)
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
PB
Advocate

I've found, what appears to be, the ideal solution (for me): Having installed "MagicPrefs", I now have two settings - allowing a different configuration for specified app's.

Thus for my 3D app's, inc. archiCAD, I have disabled one-finger scrolling, but maintain the zoom functionality by enabling it as a two finger function.

So far, its working perfectly........just thought I'd post the solution if it can help anyone else save some time (it also allows me to return the 'sensitivity' setting to a higher level)

http://magicprefs.com
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
aahatimo
Newcomer
Rick wrote:
Hey.. just wondering if any of you have been able to successfully use any of the swiping or tapping functions that some drivers have.
any news on making magic mouse truely magical?!
still using magic driver b 16.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Stress Co_
Advisor
BUMP!

What's the final word on the Magic Mouse?

Does pan and orbit work as expected? Did apple fix their Preferences?

My cat killed (so to speak) my Mighty Mouse (a.k.a. Apple Mouse) and I'm in need.

Thanks,
Marc
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Dwight
Newcomer
Stress wrote:
I'm in need.
I don't know about the mouse but I think there's a guy in your area with some Chronic.
Dwight Atkinson
Eduardo Rolon
Using MagicPrefs with it to configure pan and orbit.

Using 2 finger pref as middle click limitec to AC, Autocad, C4D, SketchUp, etc. For all others 1 finger middle click.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Stress Co_
Advisor
Dwight wrote:
Stress wrote:
I'm in need.
I don't know about the mouse but I think there's a guy in your area with some Chronic.
Let me rephrase that "I'm in need, ..but not for weed"
ejrolon wrote:
Using MagicPrefs with it to configure pan and orbit.
Using 2 finger pref as middle click limitec to AC, Autocad, C4D, SketchUp, etc. For all others 1 finger middle click.
Eduardo: Do you like it better than an Apple Mouse for Pan/Orbit? Not too cumbersome to use?

Thanks for your reply.
marc
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Eduardo Rolon
Hated the Mighty Mouse.

I used before a Logitech M-something but it has been shelved.

As with everything you should try one to see if you like it but I have not had any problems with either pan or orbit.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant. I have just got a new iMac with Magic Mouse, and am taking a little while to get used to it (and a slightly different bluetooth keyboard, well, half a keyboard (no numeric keypad)). Come here and top of the forum section is Magic Mouse thread with very handy tips and Magic Prefs link. All invaluable, especially your last pic, Eduardo, with the setting for panning.

Thanks all.
Eduardo Rolon
and the reason I have one Default Setting and one specific setting for CAD is to avoid the slide scroll problem in AC.

Here are my scrolling settings for AC.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator