Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

magic mouse!

aahatimo
Newcomer
http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/
looks great! will it work w/ ac?
i miss my multitouch pad when using apple ext keyboard, was considering some other input device, this may be it.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
71 REPLIES 71
aahatimo
Newcomer
anyone else having problems with magic mouse and magic prefs with recent updates? mouse is acting erratically, but it may just be responding to its operator.
i have prefs set up using edwardo's tips.
any other suggestions, other drivers or just get a new bluetooth mouse?
thanks!
tim hanagan
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
Eduardo Rolon
I have had no problems I am using Magic Prefs 2.2.3.

Try checking your batteries and check if the battery lid if the magic mouse is unseated which has sometimes has caused me problems.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Rick Thompson
Expert
aahatimo wrote:
anyone else having problems with magic mouse and magic prefs with recent updates? mouse is acting erratically, but it may just be responding to its operator.
i have prefs set up using edwardo's tips.
any other suggestions, other drivers or just get a new bluetooth mouse?
thanks!
Yes, I do and it is frustrating. I have read in Apple forums of erratic behavior.. or a jumpy curser. It varies though. I put new batteries i ti and it seemed better, but after sleep seems a bit jumpy again. I have read some people resolving it with an external USB bluetooth adaptor. So maybe it is a bluetooth issue.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Magic Mouse with MagicPrefs.

The main problem I have is it seems to be VERY particular about finger position when clicking, and often doesn't do what I want. Sometimes I only half select items in Archicad (so they're highlighted blue like a pre-selection rather than fully selected). And when on the interweb (Safari) it often opens a link in a new tab when it shouldn't, and the new tab does not open to the front. I tend to hold the mouse very high so am clicking right at the top, but I find it hard to hold any lower. A colleague here has a MM at home and says mine is a lot harder to use than hers, but I can't seem to find any settings to change.

Any tips appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
... and I seem to be changing my (rechargeable) batteries every couple of weeks at the moment. Is that normal?
Rick Thompson
Expert
I don't know if this has anything to do with the jumpy behavior I have had issues with, but I looking in the Login Items and found 3 for MagicPref. I deleted the two oldest ones (they were marked) and it seem better. I don't know but maybe a conflict.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
aahatimo
Newcomer
my magic mouse appears to be behaving better. not sure what was up. still wish it had a few items from steermouse no longer product magic driver (i think).
wonder if apple will ever give us full function similar to mbp trackpad or magic trackpad?
tim hanagan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone use the Mobee Magic Charger? I have read mixed reviews and wonder if it is worth getting. Sick of changing my batteries every couple of weeks.

(I always wondered why the Magic Mouse didn't come with a dock unit to recharge - seems logical to me)
aahatimo
Newcomer
any updates especially regarding magic mouse, magic prefs, ac v16 and mountain lion?
tim hanagan
Eduardo Rolon
Switched from Magic Prefs to Better Touch Tool no problems in 10.8
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator