Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

project in AC9 which has been startet in AC8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently installed AC9 and wanted to continue a project which I started in AC8.1. It appeared to work fine with one exception: The roof of my house showed no elements like rafters, stringers etc. instead, at the anchor points are big black bullets.
At startup of AC9, in the library load window, a message about this missing objects appear and even after trying to load the elements it doesn't change.
BTW, I work on Windows.

KR, Alex
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
what do you mean
"even after trying to load the elements"
Did you also load the 8.1 pla? If not that should do it.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Aussie John
Newcomer
Looks like you are using an old version of a library part. See if there is a newer version of the part. If there is you can transfer the parameters to the new part.
Other wise you might have to try and resave the libary part.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
what do you mean
"even after trying to load the elements"
Did you also load the 8.1 pla? If not that should do it.
Hi Erika,
I wanted to say that I tried to reload the objects using the library manager and I don't have an archive file(*.pna) as I work on an ongoing project.

To Aussie John;
I even suspected that the 8.1 objects didn't work in AC9 and tried to reload the AC9 libraries, even though it is in my understanding not nessesary as they are loaded on startup.

I think I will do the 'common' remedy of PC problems: uninstall and reinstall.

P.S., as student, I'm working on a Student Version of AC but this shouldn't make any difference....

Cheers Alex
Aussie John
Newcomer
a reinstall sounds drastic as It definately seems like a problem with the library part
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Djordje
Virtuoso
You should:

1. Open your project in 8.1 (if it is not too late) and save as PNA; then reference that PNA as the library source. This might cause some problems. Or, open the 8.1 library.pna, and extract the library into folders, and load what you need.

2. replace the missing lib parts with the same or similar ones from the 9 library; as you are mentioneing roof structure elements, you probably used the Roof Acessories API; in this case, the most drastic solution would be to re-create everything.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen