BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

"Not enough edges in generatrix (SLA - 002)"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, this error pops up whenever I try to generate a 3D view.

It would pop up every now and then but I'd click "Continue" and it would still generate an image. But now, all I get is a white screen, which I can still orbit around etc, but there's nothing there.

I located SLA - 002 and deleted it, but I still get the same error message. Could anyone help me out please? Thanks!
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, here's the error message:

I have some backup copies of the file (but they aren't identical because they were saved while I progressed with it), and I get the same error message with them, but when I click "Continue" the 3D view shows up fine there. It's just with my most updated file that I'm having this problem with.

I've ended up using one of my older files and I've redone the changes, so if the problem can't be fixed then it's not the end of the world, I'd just rather know what I did wrong for future reference. Thanks for the help either way.
Karl Ottenstein
Are any of your slabs involved in a solid element op?

When you tried Find & Select, did you make sure that all layers were visible and unlocked?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Amaranth,
You wrote:
" I'd just rather know what I did wrong for future reference."
Man, I know exactly what you mean .
I don't think you did anything wrong. Possibly a bug.
This stuff makes us all worry .
Peter Devlin
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Amaranth wrote:
Yep, here's the error message:
Amaranth:

One other approach to finding the problematic element is to keep cutting the model in half until you can identify the culprit. One method is to turn off half of the layers, check the model, if the error message appears, turn off half of those layers, etc. A similar method can be done with the heavy marquee to keep cutting the model in half.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely doing a Find & Select in the 3d window with every layer turned on would be the easiest way to find the element?

Just make sure you are spelling the 'SLA - 002' absolutely the same as the error message (capitals and spaces included) otherwise it wont select anything at all! Searching for 'SLA-002' or 'sla - 002' wont work!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Surely doing a Find & Select in the 3d window with every layer turned on would be the easiest way to find the element?
I think that is the easiest way, but my problem is that nothing will show up in the 3D window, which renders that method useless, lol.

That said, I think it might just be a glitch on my computer, because the 3D view showed up when I opened it on another computer.
I don't know why it doesn't work on my computer but it does seem to be a one off thing since my other files are fine.

I'm really sorry for wasting your time! Thank you so much for the help though, because I did learn a thing or two about the Find & Select tool so it wasn't a complete waste. I should probably scan through my system or something...
Djordje
Ace
Then try storey by storey ... all layers on, unlocked.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!