Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

tracker

Zdenko
Enthusiast

i have been through this before and still makes no sense. i am simply trying to place a wall, window or door in a single step and not have to place, drag and then key-in a distance. in this instance the tracker always shows up. now if i allow the blue node to become my starting point so i can place any of the listed elements a known distance the tracker does not show? what is missing?

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma 14.4.1

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

Hover your cursor where you want to measure from and type 'D' (for distance), to invoke the tracker.

Now type the distance followed by - if you want to go in a negative direction then press ENTER to start the placement of the door/window or any other element.

When placing doors and windows, they are locked to the wall, so 'D' is sufficient.

With other elements, you can type 'X', 'Y' or 'A" (Angle) then type the distance to move any where you want to start.

Make sure the X/Y Delta button is active or you may find you are measuring from the Project Origin if you don't use + or - after the distance.

BarryKelly_0-1716426211923.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

hi barry - thanks for the refresher but i do have inconsistencies invoking the command and have found that exiting AC and re-enter to clear whatever hang up it is having.

Sonoma 14.4.1

So are you saying that pressing D, X, Y or A does not bring up the tracker?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

morning or is good evening for you! yes there are times it doesn't accept any of them or the R, and once it doesn't that's when i exit or reboot depending on how stuck it is. i will try to identify the sequencing on my end to see if i can narrow down what is causing it. i ran into the same problem yesterday and was not able to get the blue node to show up and cursor refused to change from the mercedes icon but it would light up the wall element, for example.

Sonoma 14.4.1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Sometimes the Snap Grid is turned on, which may cause such phenomenon.

A short video showing what is happening may be helpful in sorting out the exact cause.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

thank you Laszio and will be mindful of what I select/deselect.

Sonoma 14.4.1

Setup info provided by author

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!