cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

2D representation with Project2 (any version) + trim

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

Is there a GDL function that with it I can hide / trim a specific 2D area generated by "Project2" (or any of it's versions) ??

And no, a white fill with white lines will not do the trick.

Scenario:
I have create an upright panel with many different complex options, on of them that it can show skins depending on the desired LOD .... so the I used "Project2{4}" for plan representation.

My problem needs is the result of needing to create the "Project2{4}" twice at a specific LOD, one for the core representation with a specific cut fill properties, and one for the skin, but "Project2{4}" can only control the cut portions of object as if it was one surface only
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
There is very interesting solution to that.

PROJECT2{3} 3, 270, 3+32, 2+8, 0, 0, 0, 0, PARAMETERS yourParameter=1, yourParameter2=2

When ArchiCAD generates 2D drawing, it applies the value of given parameters, that can control in 3D script visibility of different parts.

This is going to work, only if yourParameter is set in parameters list, not in GDL script only.
runxel
Legend
Ah yes.
The good ol' project2{4} bug, that is still not fixed.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Nader Belal
Mentor
@runxel
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.