BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

3D Document Plan - Story Settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I want to create a slab label for my 3D document ceiling plan. Seems simple enough. But the slab above may be on the current floor, floor above or even 2 floors above. All fine, easy to code their heights.

My real problem is finding the level of where the 3D document has been created, to reference the heights from. Say I save a 3D document on level 1. GLOB_CSTORY_ELEV only shows the level of what is currently open in plan.
For example, if I open level 1 in plan, then the 3D document, everything is rosey.
But if I open level 2, then the 3D document, the cstory changes to level 2......

Saving the 3D document as a view makes no difference. Is there another way I can determine the story level which a 3D document has been created?
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check the REQUEST functions in the GDL Reference Guide.
Specifically:
REQUEST ("Story", "", index, story_name)
Returns in the index and story_name variables the index and the name of the current story. Causes warning if used in parameter script.
REQUEST ("Home_story", "", index, story_name)
Returns in the index and story_name variables the index and the name of the home story.
These may be able to achieve what you are after.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks laszlonagy,
I have used that script, and it does work labeling the elements. However the problem is that I cannot relate it to the level that the 3D document was created from, as that follows whatever the last plan view that was left open.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't think there is anything you can do about that part.
The 3D Document is based on the 3D Viewpoint and in the 3D Viewpoint there is no Story as such so it always "inherits" the last Story you were in before activating the 3D Viewpoint, and this is what the 3D Document inherits as well.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I thought as much. Was hoping I missed something.
In the 3D Document there is a field that is locked which is the floor which the 3D document was created from. I was hoping to be able to extract this field somehow.....
3dDoc.JPG
Learn and get certified!