Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC11: IE Marker

I'd just like to verify something before I embark on another GDL adventure...

It doesn't look like the Marker I want (see attached) is possible with the provided IE Markers in AC11 -- true? Typically, we will want to have one common Marker for each IE group, the Drawing ID being inherited from "The first placed drawing of the viewpoint" (all elevations of a room treated as a single drawing).

With the "One common Marker..." selected, the choices are limited to "Outer Text" and "Inner Text"; only with "Individually..." selected do you have the choice of "First Row Text" and "Second Row Text" (I do realize these are two different Marker objects). Am I missing a setting somewhere, or am I going to have to create my own Marker???

IE Marker.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
37 REPLIES 37
TomWaltz
Participant
James wrote:
Not fixed in 1086.

You'd think a new tool that failed utterly in a plurality of cases would get more urgent attention.

Remind me, why should I upend my workflow every twelve months?

@#$%
Because you pay to! 😉
Tom Waltz
James wrote:
My experience is that when the top, always the top, view is turned off, the layID fails to resolve. I let them know. IEs are still very buggy IMO.

My workaround is to use multiple single-sided IEs with the markers stacked. Real convenient. I believe this is similar to the Tom Waltz pre-11 method.
Another workaround discovered:

If you need to eliminate the top viewpoint, you can rotate the entire marker (not just "Rotate Marker" via the pet palette) and readjust the limit polyline as needed. AC assumes that the left-pointing viewpoint is now West, the down-pointing viewpoint is now South, etc.

Just make sure that what was originally the top-pointing viewpoint remains.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
James Murray wrote:
My experience is that when the top, always the top, view is turned off, the layID fails to resolve. I let them know. IEs are still very buggy IMO.

My workaround is to use multiple single-sided IEs with the markers stacked. Real convenient. I believe this is similar to the Tom Waltz pre-11 method.

Another workaround discovered:

If you need to eliminate the top viewpoint, you can rotate the entire marker (not just "Rotate Marker" via the pet palette) and readjust the limit polyline as needed. AC assumes that the left-pointing viewpoint is now West, the down-pointing viewpoint is now South, etc.

Just make sure that what was originally the top-pointing viewpoint remains.
guys, that is a fairly simple bug in library part itself (not a really clever GDL programming on GS side )...

I am attaching fixed one that works properly, so you do not have to rotate it etc
::rk
Ah -- thanks, Rob -- I'm not quite a GDL guru yet, so I wasn't able to catch that -- LJY.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
That's fair enough Laura, I did not mean to present that like you should check the code in lib parts every morning for a fun
I have emphasised 'fairly simple' as a poor form of particular GDL programmer and/or Q/A fella especially when we are talking about fairly important AC feature.
Rob -- I would say I am at an intermediate level with GDL, but the "fix" is not readily apparent to me after reviewing the script -- you mind giving us a hint as to what you changed to fix the bug?
I used BBedit to compare the scripts of the original and Rob's mod. This is the affected area, it's two similar instances:

if gs_inner_text_int = 1 then
	! Referred Drawing

if gs_inner_text_layout_id then
		if (iNumItems = 1) then
			!! GS Fail
			!!!!!!sInnerText1 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
			!! Kalocay Fix
			if AC_DrawingGUID_1#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
			if AC_DrawingGUID_2#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_2
			if AC_DrawingGUID_3#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_3
			if AC_DrawingGUID_4#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_4

else
			if bHaveContent2 then
				separator = stSeparator
			else
				separator = ""
			endif
			!! GS Fail
			!!!!!!!!sInnerText2 = sInnerText2 + separator + "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
			!! Kalocay Fix
			if AC_DrawingGUID_1#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
			if AC_DrawingGUID_2#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_2
			if AC_DrawingGUID_3#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_3
			if AC_DrawingGUID_4#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_4

endif
	endif
else
yada  yada yada
endif
That section begins on 2D line 114. I think that's all there is to it.

Thank you Rob.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Thanks James! (I didn't know about BBedit -- I'll have to see if there's something comparable for Windows)
For anyone following my previous posts on the subject -- my fix:
if gs_inner_text_int = 1 then
	! Referred Drawing
!		GS error:
!		sInnerText1 = "<MARKERDRAWINGNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
!		sInnerText2 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
!		Kalocay fix (and modified by LJY for klipp):
		if AC_DrawingGUID_1#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERDRAWINGNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
		if AC_DrawingGUID_2#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERDRAWINGNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_2
		if AC_DrawingGUID_3#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERDRAWINGNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_3
		if AC_DrawingGUID_4#"" then sInnerText1 = "<MARKERDRAWINGNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_4

if AC_DrawingGUID_1#"" then sInnerText2 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
		if AC_DrawingGUID_2#"" then sInnerText2 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_2
		if AC_DrawingGUID_3#"" then sInnerText2 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_3
		if AC_DrawingGUID_4#"" then sInnerText2 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_4

else
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Just a quick explanation if you are interested...

that is a problem indeed:
! GS error:
! sInnerText1 = "<MARKERDRAWINGNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
! sInnerText2 = "<MARKERSHEETNUMBER_R>" + AC_DrawingGUID_1
it means that if you delete view no.1 which is "AC_DrawingGUID_1" the script fails to find the sheet reference (as the view no.1 pointer points to nowhere) and does not attempt to test the rest of views. Therefore the bug was intriguing as it propagated itself in case of deleting view no.1 only.

Fix:

I have just added lines to test the rest of views like if view1 points to nothing go to next view (2) and so forth.