Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Ceiling Editor object for design

Message from the Moderator:
We have created this new thread for the discussion of the Ceiling Editor Object.
There have been some questions regarding it as can be seen from the following few posts.
From post 5 of this thread you can find the detailed introduction and explanation of how the object works:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=208515&highlight=#208515

Please use this thread for the discussion of this Object.
Thanks

Bricklyne's original post:

Cross-posted these questions/suggestions for the new object over at LinkedIn, just in case anyone hasn't seen them.

Having not had a chance to try it yet, the obvious question (for me, at least) is how this object behaves in terms of 2D representation in plan and more pointedly RCP's (Reflected ceiling plans.) and if it does so, to what degree of control and manipulation can a user control the plan representation (LineWeights, Fills, symbolic representation of lights, vents, sprinklers etc) ad information, in conjunction with other ceiling plan information (like electrical light wiring layouts, possibly MEP info, and ceiling finish and material information).
And if not, would it mean having to re-reproduce all this information in 2D for the aforementioned reflected ceiling and lighting/electrical/finish plans?

It would be nice to have some level of consistency and correlation, if not parametric associativity, between what is displayed in the 3D and 2D windows without having to duplicate everything everytime and going back and forth during every change in either of the windows.

The other question would be whether there would be any possibility of having the objective version backward compatible, as in readable in ArchiCAD's pre-version 16 formats (specifically versions 14 and 15).

Otherwise, great object and nice start to the Wish upon an Object initiative so far.
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable
... and the Ceiling Editor v2 object available on BIMComponents portal.
One is optimized for metric and the other is for imperial units
INT (metric default):
https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/14709

US (imperial default):
https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/14710
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this object available for archicad 15?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As far as I know it is only available for ArchiCAD 16 since it incorporates the BIMComponents.com download functionality which was introduced only in ArchiCAD 16.
So in an earler version you would not be able to download it directly from the portal by dropping it into ArchiCAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are right László. It isn't older version of the Ceiling Editor object.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Hi, I was trying the new Ceiling Editor and Im facing some problems. I have created 3 rooms with zones and using the Interior Wizard I placed the ceiling. I floor plan everything is OK. But when I switch to the 3D window I get about 100 error messages as follows:

The resulting ceiling looks like this: the panels at the edges are missing...
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Achille Pavlidis,

could you send us this plan for identify the error?

the e-mail: support [at] manubim [dot] com

regards,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you to Achille Pavlidis for the feedback.
We have corrected the error and ulpoded the updated version (v2.01) to the BIMcomponents.com
Jere
Expert
Hi Endre,

I'm having some problems with the ceiling editor. I can not edit the nodes on the plan. Also, the "Number of editable node(s) per edges" option does not seem to work.

It doesn't matter if the "Set grid origin and direction" option is checked.
ceiling.png
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
Jere
Expert
Notice on the pet palette that the "move node" option is not available. I've tried having the arrow tool active and the object tool active. I've tried double-clicking on the nodes as per the YouTube video. No luck so far.

Otherwise, I've enjoyed the object.

Two requests:
1. Add the ability to incorporate custom panels
2. Add the ability to include 1x4 light fixtures into a 2x4 grid or 2x4 light fixtures into a 2x2 grid.
ceiling2.png
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Any of the below two cases happening to you?:

After dragging one of the intermediate nodes on the sides of the Ceiling Editor object, the Number of editable nodes per edge field will become disabled for the edited Ceiling object, indicating that you cannot make changes to the number of available nodes from this point.

After the Ceiling is placed using the Interior Wizard, the Number of editable nodes per edge field will become disabled since this fields does not apply in case of Ceiling objects placed using the Interior Wizard.

About the Move Node command:
Ceiling Objects placed with the Interior Wizard do not have the Move Node command available in the Pet Palette since their geometry is bound to the geometry of the Zone. You change the Zone's Geometry and then update the Ceiling Object's geometry using the Design\Design Extras\Interior Wizard\Update Room Accessories menu command.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27