Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Door Leaf Options Empty

ETSaum
Booster

If I'm right, this isn't a new issue, but still a vexing one.

Seemingly at random, computers in the office will *forget* all of the Custom Door Leaf options. Screenshot is from my Windows laptop, but the same thing happens on Mac desktop.

I can *create* custom door leafs that then show up as options for other computers in the office, but my options remain empty. I created one again today as a test, and then checked on the Principal's Mac, and, lo and behold, there it was.

It's clearly a library issue, as the computers don't seem to be looking in the Embedded Library for door leaf options (there are 40+ of them). In each instance, a computer that initially showed the options later decided not to, and to register the door leaf options as empty.

What workaround / fixes have folks come across?

Screenshot 2024-04-12 170723.png

Operating system used: Windows

Edward Saum
Windows 11, AC Version 27
edward@fdgarchitecture.com
12 REPLIES 12
Karl Ottenstein

The door leafs must be in a loaded library that is loaded by every computer that wants to see them.  When Archicad launches, it reads all libraries - wherever located - and as part of that creates a list of all custom door leafs.  That list is what will be displayed in the drop-down.

Obviously if the door leaf is in an embedded library, it will only be seen for that one file.  But if the leaf is saved in some 'office library' and every project includes that library (from a shared network resource - not from some duplicate or cloud storage which may not [yet] have content updated) then everyone should see the same selection of custom door leafs.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ETSaum
Booster

That's where I'm admittedly confused. If it can *write* door leafs to the embedded library for the file (which is a Teamwork Project), why can't I then see the very leaf I just created? Other machines that open the Project can see the leaf I created / library list...

It's odd, and apparently not a new problem.

Edward Saum
Lingwisyer
Guru

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Libraries-objects/Duplicate-Library-Item-Door-Leaf/m-p/233144

Related?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

There is a macro called "Door_Panel_Collection" that is part of the default library.

When the libraries are loaded (Archicad is opened), this object reads the custom door objects in the embedded library (and I think other loaded libraries as well), and adds them to a list in the Master script.

BarryKelly_0-1713142857736.png

You mention that you are on teamwork.

I wonder if you do not have the correct permission to alter GDL objects, so this macro is not being amended as it should be.

I am not sure how teamwork permissions work.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ETSaum
Booster

It's frustrating, because I can even see all of the custom door leafs listed in Library Manager. It just doesn't give them as an option for any of the doors for which I've created custom door leafs.

It's true of any project I open on this computer. Custom door leafs are just greyed out.

So it's as if it refuses to load part of the Embedded Library.

Edward Saum

Having the door leaf objects in your embedded file should be enough.

When you load the default library, the 'Door_Panel_Collection' macro is supposed to find all of these door leaf objects and add them to the list in that macro.

It means it has to be able to write to that macro.

You mention you are on teamwork, maybe you do not have permission to write to the library (amend library objects).

The macro can be found here ...

Object Library 27\3. MACROS 27\Custom Object Macros 27\Collection Macros 27

Browse in the Library Manager to find that macro in your loaded library after you have saved a new door leaf object.

Check the modified date of the file to see if it has today's date.

If it doesn't you know there is a problem with your permissions.

Here you can see I just created a new door leaf.

BarryKelly_0-1713227651300.png

BarryKelly_1-1713227783554.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Barry -

I appreciate the further insight. The custom items are all saved as individual line items in the Embedded Library, rather than in the folder structure of the Archicad 26 library. I can see all of the custom door leaves in Library Manager, including every single one I've ever created. There's no macro; just the individual line items.

In the Archicad 26 library, the Door Panel Collection macro hasn't been updated in almost two years.

So it's clearly writing to the Embedded Library, not the Archicad 26 library. But when trying to place a door leaf I just created, it seems to be trying to pull it from an unchanged Archicad 26 library.

Odd.

Edward Saum
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you open a fresh file, without any of the custom panels in the Embedded Library, does the Custom Door Leaf dropdown show some options?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Yes, the door leafs you create will be in the embedded library.

But the macro in the library should be getting updated.

Maybe because you are using the default library and it is an .LCF file, it can not update.

My library is not an .LCF

I thought with an .LCF, it also saved this file into the User folders of your operating system.

The file there I think might override the one in the library.

I will have to do some experimenting to find out exactly what happens.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Setup info provided by author

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!