cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Displaying decimal points for area.

JGoode
Expert
Hi,

how can I get my object to display the amount of decimal points that my project preferences set?

here is my line of code
standard1 = str(room_area, 3, 2)  + " " + units
Thanks
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Think this is what zone stamps do (display m² based on project preferences), and since they are basically objects, maybe dig around a bit in the script there to see what is going on?

If you mean how to see what the working units are set to, I believe there are some Request statements you can use for Working_lenght_unit etc
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
JGoode
Expert
Erwin wrote:
Think this is what zone stamps do (display m² based on project preferences), and since they are basically objects, maybe dig around a bit in the script there to see what is going on?

If you mean how to see what the working units are set to, I believe there are some Request statements you can use for Working_lenght_unit etc
My own zone stamp doesn't do this as it is set in the str to 2 decimal points. I need to automate the 2 decimal points to read the project preferences.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Did a quick dig around in GDL Reference Guide, check page 386, the thing you want to request is AREA_DIMENSION for m²

Or as found in the zone stamp:
area_form = ""													! Format as set in the Preferences
	rrr = request ("Area_dimension", "", area_form)
	room_area	= str (area_form, Temp_CalcArea)
	gross_area	= str (area_form, Temp_GrossArea)
etc
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
JGoode
Expert
Okay I made a bit of progress however I have no idea how to implement the format_string into my string with the area
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
JGoode
Expert
Never mind, I've got it now. Thanks very much for your help.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10