Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Elevator Object Stories Problem... Please Help ASAP

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to put an elevator in my 3 story building. Every time I place the object, it only creates a 2 story elevator, and overwrites my input to tell it to go to 3 stories. I explored every option in the settings dialouge, and so did my friend. We could not explain why it would be doing this. Please Help. Project due in 2 weeks.
6 REPLIES 6
The only thing I can recommend is not using the Elevator Objects -- they are very buggy. We just use a 2D symbol to represent the elevator cab in plan.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I could use that just for my floor plans, and that would take care of my immediate needs. I did want to use it for 3D renderings though. Could it just be a bug problems? I'm switching platforms to mac at the end of this week, which is what my friend uses and he hasn't had any problems with it.
I'm sorry, I wish I could help, but I gave up on the Elevator Object long ago. If you search the forum, you'll find others having similar problems -- perhaps you can find your answer there -- LJY.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Djordje
Ace
Laura wrote:
I'm sorry, I wish I could help, but I gave up on the Elevator Object long ago. If you search the forum, you'll find others having similar problems -- perhaps you can find your answer there -- LJY.
I am on the verge of losing it.

The elevator presumes all the stories are the same height - that they don't have to be! - and that is the source of all evil.

Plus, the interface is ghastly.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
The elevator presumes all the stories are the same height - that they don't have to be! - and that is the source of all evil.
The thing drives me nuts also.

I found it recognized the different story heights for the first 3 stories, oddly enough, but still wouldn't go to all of the stories. It wouldn't go to the 4th floor, roof, or basement.

One would think that *someone* would come up with one that actually works. Alas, it's not going to be me (at least not in the near future), because I'm still a complete GDL idiot.

Wendy

ArcAngel
Participant
I know I'm a year late with this reply, but in the absence of any other information, we have found it best to use the ArchiCAD 9 Elevator object, which allows you to have custom floor heights - you'll have to extract the library file first if you don't want to load the whole kit and kaboodle!
Carlo
AC4.5 - AC 25 (User since 1992)