cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Error in sections

Srinivas
Booster
Dear all,

I created a custom door and when I checked in the GDL Script Window for errors - ArchiCAD is displaying the Script as OK. There are no errors displayed when the door is viewed in 3D.

But ArchiCAD is displaying an error message "Polygon Degenerated...." ( as shown in the image ) in section or elevation.

Can someone help me to understand why this error message is coming and a work around to avoid this?

Many Thanks in Advance.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the door in a profiled wall? I discovered (and fixed) an error in the trim macro that was caused by a difference between composite and profiled walls which generated a similar error.

It is also possible (perhaps likely) that the problem is with a parameter setting in the specific instance of the door which is not present in the default values used by the script.
Srinivas
Booster
Thanks Matthew,

The Door is in a normal wall.

The error seems not because of the custom door, as I imported that door into another file and tested.

The reason seems to be because of some parameter settings in the ArchiCAD V 9.0 SE Edition library which I used in this project.

Regards,
Srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you haven't already. . .

Try resetting the door to its defaults and start again. There are so many interactions between various parts of the door and between the door and all the various types of walls that it is practically impossible for the programmers to anticipate all possible error conditions.

Sometimes I think programming is (similar to Thomas Edison's description of invention) 10% getting it to work and 90% preventing and fixing errors.