cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Script error converted SKP object "Too Many Parameters"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I am attempting to convert some Sketchup SKP components to GSM library parts - conversions seem to be working graphically but when inserted various errors pop up. When loading the object in a default environment and checking it with the Edit GDL Library Parts toolbar script checkers I get a 'too many parameters' error in both the 2d and 3d scripts at the location of the call to the GDL part. Here is the text that gets highlighted (needless to say this was generated automatically by ArchiCAD so I am somewhat frustrated that it can't write code tolerable to it's own standards;-):

call "entrygateassembled_GDL",
PARAMETERS A = 5'-8.0000", B = 3'-4.9174", ZZYZX = 8'-0.0000",
AC_show2DHotspotsIn3D = 1, ac_bottomlevel = 3'-3.3701",
ac_toplevel = 0'-0.0000", ALFA_X = 1, ALFA_Y = 0,
ALFA_Z = 0, BETA_X = 0, BETA_Y = 1,
BETA_Z = 0, GAMMA_X = 0, GAMMA_Y = 0,
GAMMA_Z = 1, DELTA_X = -0, DELTA_Y = 2.255973186038E-017,
DELTA_Z = 0, SCALE_X = 1, SCALE_Y = 1,
SCALE_Z = 1, A_PARAMETER = 1.7272, B_PARAMETER = 1.039302762882,
ZZYZX_PARAMETER = 2.4384, Z_ROTATION_PARAMETER = 0,
Material_0 = ind(material,"SKP_default_12566463"), Material_1 = ind(material,"SKP_[Metal_Corrogated_Shiny]1"),
Material_2 = ind(material,"SKP_[Metal_Rough]"), Material_3 = ind(material,"SKP_[Color_E05]"),
Material_4 = ind(material,"SKP_Color_H09"), Material_5 = ind(material,"SKP_Color_008"),
Material_6 = ind(material,"SKP_Color_009"), Material_7 = ind(material,"SKP_*1"),
Material_8 = ind(material,"SKP_Color_002"), Material_9 = ind(material,"SKP_Black")
del 1

Anybody? I looked up other discussions on this and the closest one was a thread from 2003 which ended with 'send us your code' (way to close the loop and help out future generations guys).
Thanks in advance,
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm. I spoke too soon.
THe revised GSM inserts fine into a blank default project (no template - standard environment). HOwever when inserted into the project for which it was intended I get a 'can not find macro "entrygateassembled_GDL"' error. Again, there is no such filename in the directory where all this work is occuring. It must be internal to the PLN file - I think the paths for the library parts are re-set somehow in the project (as opposed to the 'clean') file but I don't have a brain cell left at this time of night (midnight my time) to figure it out. If any of you have any ideas let me know and I will check it out tomorrow.
I thought of hotlinking it as a MOD file but the save option to do that is greyed out...
Thanks,
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Jerome:

The called macro "entrygateassembled_GDL" is not in the loaded libraries for the project. Check the Library Manager for the file where the object is working, then make sure the same libraries are being loaded for your project file. One of the loaded libraries in the default file (where the object works) must contain the missing macro.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok,
The system filed the called object in my /user/documents subdirectory (Windows default) instead of the directory that everything else is in. I copied the files to the directory where the rest of the gsm/gdl objects specific to this project are and it inserted ok (with no materials). So I went back to the original file with the materials and copied the specific materials to an AAT (attributes) file and transferred them that way to the main project. Now I have my object with materials - just have to deal with the usual 'heavy' geometry (object is about 1/2Mb) issues. I just don't have the time to re-model this (and several other) elements in native ArchiCAD. Someone could make some money by coming up with a 'decimator' (polygon reducer) program that works on GDL models...
Thanks all.