cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to create vertical 3D text?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, hello again!

I want to create 3d text but want it to sit vertically on a wall surface rather than horizontally so you read it from floor to ceiling - a bit like how words are written on a book spine.

Can anyone help?

Someone did tell me that you have to create each letter in a slab and then lift the slab. But if this is so, I can't see how you can lift a slab?

Thanks in advance!
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
martini-girl wrote:
Thank you olivier.

But can you explain how to load a Library Part as I have never done that before.

Thank you!

UnZip the "MultiTexte 3D.lib" and put it anywhere on your HD.

Go to Library Manager > browse your HD and add this new library > reload > done.

HTH.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Olivier. I downloaded that lbrary part woth your instructions but sadly it still doesn't give me vertical text. Only curved and multilines (which will be good later on!).

Any other suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable
martini-girl wrote:
Thanks Olivier. I downloaded that lbrary part woth your instructions but sadly it still doesn't give me vertical text. Only curved and multilines (which will be good later on!).

Any other suggestions?
MultiText - 3D Straight
Settings page > There is an option to rotate the text (x, y ,z).
Text page > Select the number of lines.

Tape your text "THANK YOU" on Line 1, and rotate Y axis by -90 degrees
Or, tape "T" on Line 1, "H" on Line 2, "A" on Line 3, etc...
according to the effect you want.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Olivier! I got it! It worked! I am so happy.

Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a similar question but involving a surface that I would like to be vertical. I created a mesh in autocad and want to place it on a surface that I can cut voids out of and be vertical at the same time. I did a similar thing to a roof surface and it worked great but it can not go completely vertical. Please help if you can offer me advice.
Anonymous
Not applicable
wstgermaine wrote:
I have a similar question but involving a surface that I would like to be vertical. I created a mesh in autocad and want to place it on a surface that I can cut voids out of and be vertical at the same time. I did a similar thing to a roof surface and it worked great but it can not go completely vertical. Please help if you can offer me advice.
This sounds like a task for SEOs but if you made the mesh in AutoCAD it may be difficult to get it into ArchiCAD as a viable solid. I can't recall if I've tried any solid ops with DWG parts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is there a particular way I can download the library for the 3D MultiText? It seems I can only open the png...

Thank you,
Ana
Barry Kelly
anadoramateiL53 wrote:
Hi,

Is there a particular way I can download the library for the 3D MultiText? It seems I can only open the png...

Thank you,
Ana
I found a link to it in another post, but that web page doesn't exist any more.
It seems Oliver who created the part hasn't been active here since 2014.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you're just wanting rotated 3d text, the current 3d text object in the default library can perform it.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply.
What I need though is an object that I can use to write vertical text (not a rotated text). Write horizontal letters but sort of "wrap" the text box so that I get one letter on one line. My only solution for now is using one 3D text object for one letter and this gets really messy in time, I know it
I'm looking for on objects that writes:
T
E
X
T

Thank you,
Ana