Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Imported grids that can't be deleted

GabrielaR
Participant

I had an imported .ifc in my archicad which at one point I deleted because I didn't need it anymore. I deleted it from the Library and some of the parts I found on 3D and plans. Now I found I still have some grids imported from the .ifc in the elevation views that I can't delete. I can't open them in 3D or plan, or nowhere. They are in some "missing" layer, they can't be reserved, or unlocked, I can't make them disappear at all. 

GabrielaR_0-1723016455744.png

When I open their settings this is what appears. But I can't make any change.

GabrielaR_1-1723016610970.png

Operating system used: Windows

2 REPLIES 2
Marc H
Advisor

Grid may be locked.  I recall having this issue with some RVT imported items.  

Once unlocked, you can delete them or edit to your new project in the Design > Grid System command.

Update: Oh, I re-read your post.  Seems like an orphaned object set.  A couple of thoughts:  Archive your PLN (into a PLA).  Might leave it behind.  Alternately, bring your project elements into a new PLN from your template.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

You have openend the right settings.

Try hiding the grid line and unselecting the markers.

Setup info provided by author