Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Issue Date Autotext - Work in Progress

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

Is there a way to change the format of the Issue Date autotext to show "WIP" instead of "Work in Progress"?

In full, it does not fit in my title block as there is only space for a short hand date, resulting in it covering the drawing number...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just found out that your way is over complicated. You can used the stored value LAYOUT_CURRENTREVISION_OPEN then use the autotext <CURRENTISSUEDATE> if it is not true.

Ling.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
We had a similar issue with the date formatting not being to our liking and just ended up making our own date field in the Issue Scheme. You can use these as autotext reference when publishing files etc same as with the default built-in fields.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Ling:

This is the snippet of code I use to substitute "W.I.P." for "Work in Progress":
If RevOrDoI = "Revision Manager" Then
	If LayoutRevHistoryDA[vardim1(LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY)][4] = "Work in Progress" Then ! 28
	Text2 0, -Text_Y*.5, "W.I.P."
	Else
	Text2 0, -Text_Y*.5, LayoutRevHistoryDA[vardim1(LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY)][4]
	EndIf
EndIf
It works correctly for the placed Object, but gives an error message "Unitialized variable at line 28 in the 2D script of file Revision Name and Date.gsm. (rev date)" when the Object Settings dialog box is opened. Line 28 is marked in the code. The Object is placed on a Master Layout. I never could figure a way to eliminate the error message, which is a minor annoyance.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Lingwisyer
Guru
David wrote:
This is the snippet of code I use to substitute "W.I.P." for "Work in Progress":

In what are you substituting this?

Ling.

David Maudlin
Rockstar
Lingwisyer wrote:
David wrote:
In what are you substituting this?
It is from an Object I wrote from scratch to show only the Revision name and date. I think the information you are looking for is in line 28, so you can look at the script you are working on for the change you want to make. You could also try posting at the GDL Forum, they should know more about the than I do. As I said it works, but with an error message when the settings dialog box is open.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just found out that your way is over complicated. You can used the stored value LAYOUT_CURRENTREVISION_OPEN then use the autotext <CURRENTISSUEDATE> if it is not true.

Ling.

David Maudlin
Rockstar
Ling:

Thanks for pointing out the LAYOUT_CURRENTREVISION_OPEN command. This code now works for me without the error message:
If RevOrDoI = "Revision Manager" Then
	If LAYOUT_CURRENTREVISION_OPEN = 1 Then
	Text2 0, -Text_Y*.5, "W.I.P."
	Else
	Text2 0, -Text_Y*.5, LayoutRevHistoryDA[vardim1(LAYOUT_REVISION_HISTORY)][4]
	EndIf
EndIf
David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Lingwisyer
Guru
Odd... I have this on my Master layout, and I am sure it used to work... but that is no longer so... Works when it is on the individual layout, but when on the Master, it is always returning 0 so I end up getting the longhand...

Ling.

David Maudlin
Rockstar
Ling:

Still works here (on Master Layout).

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Lingwisyer
Guru
Turns out it was due to being located in a View placed on the Master Layout. Was sure it used work when I first made the object... Oh well, it is now directly on the Master.

Ling.