Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library object size locked

Tijana
Booster

Hello, where is the setting to unlock object dimensions? I am using AC25. Thanks in advance

3.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Tijana
Booster

It is not just this object, most if not all library objects on my floor plan that can not be stretched.

Tijana
Booster

I copied the same library object from another Archicad file, where it was working perfectly, but in this file all objects are locked in size (length, width and height) , so I guess it is a global setting that needs to be changed, I just can't find where it is. Please help!

These appear to be 3rd party object (from the 4D library?).

If you do not have a license to use these objects with your particular Archicad license, then they will become locked as you have discovered.

If the other file works fine with your Archicad license, then maybe you just don't have the correct libraries loaded in the new file.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,  yes, this is a 4D Library object. Could the reason be that the original file where the 4D object was used had been created in Archicad 25.0.5010, whereas my Archicad version is 25.0.3002?

What sort of license do I need to use these 4D library objects? I have loaded the 4D Library folder that was used in the original drawing by another person, but nothing changed in order to be able to change the size of all of these 4D objects (this also includes doors, windows etc). I can change all the other values while editing the object but predefined values (length, width, height) can't be changed.

Lingwisyer
Guru

The 4D Library is a 3rd party library. Once a 4D licence is purchased it is associated with your AC licence. If you are using floating licences, I would assume you would need to get a 4D licences for all of them so that you do not accidentally get assigned a licence that is not linked.

"I can change all the other values while editing the object but predefined values (length, width, height) can't be changed."

Though since you seem to have the ability to modify the objects, it would appear that you do have a licence... maybe best to chase it up with @Ben Cohen. On a quick flick through I have been unable to find what might be locking this three parameters...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Will do, thank you Ling.

ahmad525
Booster

hey Tijana,

it appears that you are using a 4d library without an activated license. 

in order to use these object you will need to buy the license from the supplier. i assume you are based in australia.

https://www.4dlibrary.com.au/ 

you can contact him, his name is Ben. he is a BIM manager and he is the owner and developer of the 4d library. you can purchase an annual subscription there.  last time i checked it was around 600 AUD yearly. i strongly advise it as its a powerful tool, especialy the window/door tool and the roof covering tool.