cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

MACROS

I created several Library parts and save them as Macros.

With the use of these Macros, I placed them in my drawing, related to each other (heigth,layer,etc) and then created a New Library part.

To avoid the clutter of .gsm files in this particular folder, I created a sub-folder, where I moved the Macros.

Later, when I try to place the Library Part (the one with the combined Macros) I received the messages that the Macros could not be found.
My question is: Once the Macros are combined for further use,do they have to remain in the same place? How does a CALL function in the Library Part Script, points to the location of a given Macro?

I hope this is clear enough to get some help here.

Conrado Dominguez
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
23 REPLIES 23
Olivier wrote:
[:idea:]
Good find.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
ztaskai wrote:
Thanks for the reminder. The 128 mask bit description is available in the on-line GDL manual: http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/gdl/manual/12

It will be there in the AC13 version, too.

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt,

Thank you very much.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've read this thread a couple times and it made me curious. What is the difference between a library part and a macro? What are the advantages of one over the other?
Erich
Contributor
Wrathchild,

In simple terms (the only ones I know ':?') a macro is a GDL object, placeable or not, called during the creation of another object. For instance, I have a cabinet object that calls for a separate sink object. In this case both are individually placeable. If you take a look at an AC marker, you will see that the part primarily contains at call to another part, not placeable this time, that does some of the work. This second part itself has calls to yet other macros, etc. The big advantage here is that you can write a chunk of code once and then use it in multiple different objects.

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K