Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Missing Objects> Missing Attributes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

So I'm revising a project to try and clean up my hard drive and improve the project overall. Upon opening the file, ArchiCAD displays a library report.

Firstly there are missing attributes (and quite a lot of them, see attached). How would I go about removing/finding them? I've used the help guide from ArchiCAD but I have no recollection of what they even are, never mind where they are.

Secondly, I have libraries with duplicated objects (see attached). Again, how would I resolve this? The whole project was created using OBJECTiVE and I have links between my file and the OBJECTiVE library, which is by default put under the Graphisoft/AC14 library folder on my Hard drive...

Thank You.

11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Aren't those missing attributes names of textures you don't have loaded?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes. For those all you need to do is go to the attribute manager and delete either the texture or the material.

The real challenge is finding images that aren't material textures.

As for the duplicates, reading this post may help?

Cheers,
Link.
sarahric
Contributor
Hello,
I have the same problem here. My missing objects are images, which would be linked to a material. Thing is, it doesn't say which material and I've tried going through all my materials and can't find which the image(s) relate to. How can I do this?
ArchiCAD 18/Windows 7/16GB Memory/i5 3.2GHz Processor/NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Karl Ottenstein
Open Attribute Manager, switch to the Materials tab, click the column heading for the texture column to sort by that (grouping the texture images together, and alphabetically) - and then look for the Material that wants the image that you're missing.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
sarahric
Contributor
whoohoo, that's great! thanks!
sarahric
Contributor
Just to reopen this subject again. This time my objects are IFC's from an old file imported. I can't see how I get to them.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Ok, scratching my head on this one...

All of a sudden a bunch of textures disappeared from my TW Project... As you can see below, the textures are in the same place I left and they are the referenced libraries and I've REFRESHED in Manage BIM Server Libs and RELOADED and APPLIED the changes...

I guess I have to delete and re-upload the library in question? Very frustrating.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Karl Ottenstein
Karl wrote:
Open Attribute Manager, switch to the Materials tab, click the column heading for the texture column to sort by that (grouping the texture images together, and alphabetically) - and then look for the Material that wants the image that you're missing.
As of 16, this step of using Attribute Manager is not needed any longer - the Library Manager now identifies the material(s) using the missing texture.

See attached - clicked on the material listed as missing, click the "i" (info) button, and the material is shown.

Cheers,
Karl

PS Duane ... no clue on the teamwork problem you just posted... 😞
Screen Shot 2012-07-14 at 11.28.05 AM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I guess it was the old CORRUPT BIM SERVER LIBRARY trick... I replaced with the original library and got MOST back...

Funny thing is, they were all there last week...

AND... some were files with NO EXTENSION that had gone missing, so I just typed in the extension and reloaded...

So now, I still get LOG IN (1st time) times of HOURS... with library failures... Is there any SURER way to get this done?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop