cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Modifying trapezoid window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I am sorry if this topic was solved before, but if anyone can suggest me how to modify trapezoid window (or any other way - though I've tried to make custom window by saving a selection as window and then the hole in the wall still becomes rectangular) to this shape as in attached picture.

Thanks in advance,
V
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Vytautas B:

The custom window method will work, but you need to add a Slab with the ID of "Wallhole" that will define the hole in the Wall (rather than being rectangular). In the Help files see: Elements of the Virtual Building > Parametric Objects > Graphic Creation of Custom Library Parts and Components > Saving Custom-Shape Doors or Windows.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/21360

You can drag this from the website from the downladbutton direct into Your Archcad-window to download it.

Tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJLPn90GrFQ&feature=youtu.be
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
David wrote:
Vytautas B:

The custom window method will work, but you need to add a Slab with the ID of "Wallhole" that will define the hole in the Wall (rather than being rectangular). In the Help files see: Elements of the Virtual Building > Parametric Objects > Graphic Creation of Custom Library Parts and Components > Saving Custom-Shape Doors or Windows.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
I read this once... and forgot about it. almost removes the need for parametric options... almost. but bravo used it to make pool water a skylight so the client can swim in bimx