Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Mystery library folder embedding in teamwork projects

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a library folder called "from 201101 library". I know this is a project number and is included in the 201101 teamwork project (in the embedded library).
The problem I am facing is that this folder also "appears" in most other projects embedded libraries and pollutes the attributes when it does so. My thought is this folder may have been included in a container or .lfc for one of the BIM server libraries, but I don't think that would cause it to appear in the embedded library.
When I delete the folder from the embedded library and clean up the attributes all is well for a time, then out of nowhere the folder reappears and destroys the attributes again.
I have tracked down several (duplicate & identical) folders within the network with this exact name and have renamed them in the hopes of identifying and ultimately deleting the culprit; but I need to keep this sort of glitch from happening with other folders as well.
I would like anyones opinions or ideas on what could be causing this folder to, seemingly by way of nefarious magic, appear in the embedded libraries of our teamwork projects. I have spoken with some GS techs about this, but it seems to stump everyone I am able to talk to about it.

thanks,
Patrick
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Patrick,
the first thing that comes in mind is that someone is using the option to embed objects from that library folder in the local library manager.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe you have Hotlinked Modules that have this library in the embedded library and when it is updated the library again appears in the Embedded Library?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ilder,
This folder(s) is only available on one users work station, that I can find. I don't know how anyone could access it, except through the original 201101 project, maybe via a copy and paste. I did talk with one of the model managers and he did say he copied some linework for a detail from that project. I just don't know how that would bring in an entire folder to the embedded library.
Laszlo,
the projects that seem to have the most problems are the source files for modules; to place multiple buildings into a site. These buildings files do not have any modules placed into them.

It is kind of odd, that since I renamed these folders they have not re-embedded themselves.
Anonymous
Not applicable
typed that last response too soon. The folder HAS found its way into the embedded library, and not with one of the new folder names.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy Patrick,
linework wont cause such thing, but if a 2d/3d object was included in the selection of the "copy and paste" then the problem will show up.

Another thing: what do you mean by "pollutes the attributes" ?

One more: a screenshot of the "from 201101 library" content in the library manager will help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ilder,
I will send a screen shot of the embedded library and 201101 folder next time it shows up.
It adds about 250 new surfaces to the attributes whenever this folder is embedded.
Could this be a local data issue? if this folder is part of a container in the local data could it somehow find its way into the project?
Anonymous
Not applicable
250 surfaces?
it could be a library with a different localization or perhaps objects with missing surface parameters as default.
I will look at the screenshot.