Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Object User Interface - Inconsistent on MAC and PC

jakubc7
Advocate
I've had a go at making a user interface for one of my objects.
I made a png image 444x266 pixels as my interface base. Then I added INFIELDS AND OUTFIELDS to make parameter changes.

Seemed to work like a treat at work on a mac. When I try the object at home on a PC it doesn't allow me to change the parameters. My understanding is that the image is on top of the parameters hence I cannot click them. Has anyone else had this issue with MAC vs PC behaving differently?

Currently the image file is the first thing in my UI script. If I send it to the end it behaves differently. I can change the settings but they are not visible until I click them.

Also, the script has no errors as such, only when I click to see the UI PREVIEW and then check script, I get error saying that Item 1 is overlapping item 2 etc ... for all of the parameters placed.

Is there a solution to this problem. I really wouldn't want to have to make lots of small images for my interface. The process I used seems logical and extremely easy.

What surprises me is that it behaves differently on different operating systems.

Both AC were version 17 (not sure about which built - likely different).

Any suggestions????

Object attached.

Thanks,

Jakub
ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
5 REPLIES 5
Yes, the images if covering the whole UI are the problem.
AC allows them on MAC but not on PC (probably due to OS differences)
The safe way is to slice the image and put the parts where needed but be sure not to cover the buttons etc.

The other problem is text differences - I am on PC and sometimes my MAC friends receiving my GDLs might not see the whole text I can see without problem on PC.

Sometimes the text differences make some infield menus unusable due to height difference - on the contrary to text length above - this time PC texts are higher than MAC ones, so if the object is prepared on MAC might be unusable on PC.

Best Regards,
Piotr
jakubc7
Advocate
Thanks for the response Piotr.
I was afraid that would be the answer 😕

Jakub Chruscinski
Jaworzno
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

It's common between Mac and PC;

Read this
This also means that any font size on the PC screen will be one and a third times bigger than the eventual printout and one and a third times bigger than the equivalent font on a Mac screen. Nine point type on a PC is about the same size as twelve point type on a Mac. Luckily, web browsers use relative rather than absolute font sizes and the "normal" size on Mac and PCs are roughly the same.
Barry Kelly
I have the same problem with images and parameters on PC.
A workaround is to list all the parameter in/out fields and then add the code for the image.
But the trick is to now copy and paste all the code for the in/out fileds and repeat in after the image code.

So you have ...
in/out fields
image code
repeat of in/out fields

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
jakubc7
Advocate
Thanks Berry.
It seems to do the job

I'm quite relieved I don't need to do lots of little images.