Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Purchase SYmbol Fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know where I can purchase custom symbol fill patterns for AC11? I need a variety of stone patterns- flagstone, etc for residential elevations. I couldn't find any in Objects Online. I tried Googling without any success. Thanks.

Dave Tex
AC11
OS 10.4
8 REPLIES 8
Stress Co_
Advisor
Try Cultured Stone's StoneCad... a free download.

www.culturedstone.com/stonecad/

Edit: You can grab the stone textures and hatch patterns.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Marc. I am going to try this.

DaveTex
Anonymous
Not applicable
a) I downloaded the fill symbols from StoneCAD. They are in DXF format. First I tried to upload them into AC11 through Attribute Manager but these files were all grayed out.

Then converted them to AC files and tried the Attribute Manager approach. When I open the selected file however I see a bunch of fill symbols that are already in AC template. Appreciate some help.

DaveTex
AC11
OS 10.4
Djordje
Ace
You have to create symbol fill with each of them.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Stress Co_
Advisor
Like Djordje says, you have to create the symbol fill. (the software is suppose to ??? integrate with Archicad, but I was never able to make it work- you'd think it would save an .aat file?).

1) Save the hatch as a DWG/dxf.

2)Place the DWG in AC (1 drawing unit = 1 inch), then "Explode drawing into current view" (Just save the Primitives). Or xref it in.

3) Select all the lines. > Edit> COPY

4)Open "Fill Types", Select "new", symbol fill

5) Under edit Vectorial Pattern> PASTE

That work?

EDIT:
Read the attached. .....and there is an .aat file in the BonusGoodies folder.

Confused? I am.
10466Picture 15.pngPicture 15.png
Marc Corney, Architect

Stress Co_
Advisor
Djordje:
I've tried to post more than one attachment to posts before and was never able..... it happened to the post above purely by accident Is this a new forum feature?
Marc Corney, Architect

Djordje
Ace
Stress wrote:
Djordje:
I've tried to post more than one attachment to posts before and was never able..... it happened to the post above purely by accident Is this a new forum feature?
No, it's a bug

😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also needed to reestablish my StoneCad symbol library, you can download the materials and fills. Once it is installed, look in the Goodies folder and that's where you can load the .aat file containing all of the fills.

Here is the text from the StoneCad readme file: (I guess they are still working on it with GS !?! )

ArchiCAD 9 and 10

In this directory (BonusGoodies/ArchiCAD9) is a file called CulturedStone.aat . This is a set of the current Cultured Stone vectorial based hatch patterns for use inside the current versions of ArchiCAD (9 and these should work in 10).

This is a late addition to StoneCAD® version 5 which is just the hatches without any of the associated Material Attribute information. We are working with GraphiSoft to create an updated library of Cultured Stone information. As of May 2006 this information is not yet ready for release. We hope to have this avaiable soon. Please check for updates - when this is available it will be distributed via a StoneCAD update and possibly via an ArchiCAD library update.

Thanks for your continued support and interest in Cultured Stone® branded products - The Preffed name in Stone®