cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Railing being drawn with White Lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
I create a stair but the railing is drawn with white lines as shown in the picture. You can see the tread being covered over on the left side vs the right side's highlighted stair in the pic. And as you can see in the highlighted side the railing is there.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the railing to be drawn with black lines. Can someone point me to the option that changes this?

railing.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What is the exact Stair object you are using?

If you are using the Stair Objects in the Lirary, there is a Rail Pen parameter uder 2D Symbol Type.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using the Create Stair Using Selection command and generating a custom stair.

But I think I ran into a bug? From the Floor Plan and Selection drop down menu in info bar I changed the symbol line pen to the desired pen but it didn't take. I wasn't until I changed the same parameter under the Floor Plan and Selection tab in the settings tab did the pen change take.

What was really confusing me was I had created a test pen set where I changed all pens to black and even that didn't change the rail display.

Regardless, if anyone else has this problem it's the Symbol Line Pen under Floor Plan and Selection.

Thanks for helping.