Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Stair walk line end symbols

Bruce
Advisor
I'm trying to figure out how to turn off either the end symbol or start symbol on the stair walk line. There are a few options for symbol types, but no option that I can see for 'None'.

Any ideas - without resorting to MVOs? I'm using 'Walking Line 22'.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
I agree.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Bruce:

What I see for Walking Line 22 is: Stair Settings > Walking Line > Start Symbol > uncheck Show on Visible Part, same for End Symbol. These remove the start and end symbols but leave the line.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Bruce
Advisor
Thanks David - but that would be 'Built-in Walking line 22', which doesn't give you control (that I can find) over symbol size or type. Nor does it allow turning on/off end or start symbols independently of each other.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Eduardo Rolon
It is there.
If you have MVO on then it is hidden
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Bruce
Advisor
Thanks Eduardo.

As per my original post, I don't want to resort to MVOs. This is because I don't want to change all stairs throughout the project, nor do I want to break this partiticular stair from being able to be controlled by the MVOs.

Odd that the check box for 'Show on visible part' only appears when you override the MVO settings.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Eduardo Rolon
If you don't want to use MVO's then it is ok.

MVO on = no setting to turn off
MVO off = setting to turn off appears
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Bruce
Advisor
Yes - which makes no sense. I could kind of understand if the end and start symbols were globally controllable via MVO...but this I don't get.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Eduardo Rolon
Hungrish logic.

I think the idea is that you have a set of main egress stairs and a set of regular stairs or steps.

Usually the main egress stairs will be controlled by MVO since they will be placed one on top of the other across multiple floors and in this case you will either want the Walk-Line for all of them or none.

The other ones are exceptions and you will decide on a case by case basis.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Bruce
Advisor
But that means I can no longer control the tread numbers, or stair description (or anything else) by the MVO, for that one stair. It will either be always on, or always be off - while every other stair will be controllable. Not a good solution.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
I agree.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator