Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Storefront Doors

rm
Advisor
Am I missing something here, it seems that none of the Storefront doors in AC 11 have hotspots at the door jambs or rough opening. There seems to be no way to locate these doors by the jamb, only center line. Who thought this was a good idea. If the requested hotspots are available, they are so deep in the menus, they are hidden.

Year after Year Graphisoft fails to deliver a real solid door and window library that is consistent part to part.....

Picture 1.png
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
11 REPLIES 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
Do you have the 'extra hot spots in 2D' checkbox on?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have noticed this in our office as well. No better in AC11.
I can't remember exactly, but basically there's an "error" in the 2D script that make the hotspots visible only in certain conditions. I've had to fix the script.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
After further investigation... It's the D_Sf_macro 10: hotspots at the door jambs and opening only occur when sidelight(s) are ON.

In the 2D Script, under HOTSPOT EDITING:
	IF gs_fpw>0 THEN...

ELSE						!!LJY: show hotspots at wall opening even if no sidelight(s)!
			HOTSPOT2 -a/2, 0
			HOTSPOT2 -a/2, -gs_frame_thk
	ENDIF					

IF gs_epw>0 THEN...

ELSE						!!LJY: show hotspots at wall opening even if no sidelight(s)!
			HOTSPOT2 a/2, 0
			HOTSPOT2 a/2, -gs_frame_thk
	ENDIF		

also, remark out the following:
!		IF gs_ep=1 THEN				!!LJY: show hotspots at jamb even if no sidelight(s)
	HOTSPOT2 linbb, fr_os*(gs_frame_wthk=1)-(gs_glass_thk*(dtlev)+gs_gsb)*((gs_bg_right=1)*(ABS(gs_epw)>eps))*(gs_frame_wthk=0)
	HOTSPOT2 linbb, -gs_fthk-fr_os*(gs_frame_wthk=1)
!		ENDIF
!		IF gs_fp=1 THEN				!!LJY: show hotspots at jamb even if no sidelight(s)
	HOTSPOT2 linba, fr_os*(gs_frame_wthk=1)-(gs_glass_thk*(dtlev)+gs_gsb)*((gs_bg_left=1)*(ABS(gs_fpw)>eps))*(gs_frame_wthk=0)
	HOTSPOT2 linba, -gs_fthk-fr_os*(gs_frame_wthk=1)
!		ENDIF
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
rm
Advisor
WOW,

Laura, thank you for that explanation! You obviously understand GDL very well. So let me get this straight, Laura is done the homework for GS. Now lets see if GS will do the work to get this library fixed.

I have pointed this out before on this forum, the VAST majority of users don't have the time or inclination to learn GDL. Even GS executives have told me they don't expect us to learn GDL. We have enough on our plate just learning what the real or perceived impact that BIM has on a project. We pay a lot of money for each license of AC. This storefront problem has been around since AC 9, now we are in at AC11 and still the same problem.

I wonder when GS will figure out that Doors and Windows are the most needed library parts for every project....They should work!
Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
rm
Advisor
It just keeps getting worse with these storefront doors. After placing about 20 different types of storefront doors in our model, I pulled up a few exterior elevations and noticed none of the frames were showing up in elevation.

I have tried changing as many settings as possible to get the frames to show up, and nothing happens.

I just can't believe how easy it is to find problems with these library parts!
Picture 1.png
Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Rod Jurich
Contributor
rm wrote:
/.....I have tried changing as many settings as possible to get the frames to show up, and nothing happens. /..
If you haven't already, try setting different materials for the frame and leaf.
Unfortunately it will not solve the line missing between the leaves.
In our parts, I've had to add the line in the 3D script.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
rm
Advisor
Graphisoft,

Now that I have placed dozens of the metal storefront doors from the AC11 library in my model, I can't dimension them in plan to the rough or masonry openings....this is ridiculous. However in elevation, hotspots seem to be showing up properly.

One cannot get buildings built to the desired intent without dimensions...This should be no suprise to GS. I find it hard to believe, with AC11 on the market as long as it has been, that GS does not know this problem exists.

It is my hope GS will actually respond with updated and corrected library parts in the next Hot Fix release. This IS a clear example of oversight in quality control in the standard AC library parts, which seems to plague this program release after release, in particular within the libraries for Doors and Windows.

While a very resourceful user posted a scripting solution to the problem, we ( this users office ) are not about to become programmers to fix library parts that GS supplies in its standard library.

Come on GS, pick up the ball, and fix this problem for once and for all.
Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
could this be an issue related to the 'detail level' by scale options?