Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Tech data - where is ArchiCad?

KeesW
Advocate
I want to use downloaded CAD details of roof and wall cladding and searched the Lysaght site because this is one of the major suppliers of these products. They have AutoCad versions (DXF and DWG), Revit and Microstation. But no Archicad! Why not??? If they can do it, why can't Graphisoft? You really don't try very hard to help users, do you? Please try harder to give us resources and pretend that Archicad is as good as the others!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
If it is just a drawing then Archicad can use the Autocad DXF or DWG files.
3D objects are a different matter - still other formats can be used.

The DXF/DWG can even be exploded into lines if you need to use them that way.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
KeesW
Advocate
Hi Barry
I know that i can do that with DWG by why do we always have to have a work around when other CAD companies lay it on for their users? I am doing a photo realistic 3D presentation and would like the real thing if I can get it.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I am not sure it is autodesk developing this. I do however allways tell sales people coming over here to pitch their product to support ArchiCAD and that BIM does not equal Revit.

That said, quality of supplier BIM or even 2D information leaves something to be desired generally.

For profiled metal there is an object, as I recall. All you need to do is input the measurements from specs. Maybe that helps?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Seeing as these are just "CAD Drawing" details, even if it was in Archicad format, all you would have is a bunch of lines.
And to save in Archicad format would mean you would have a whole PLN file with a few lines in it as well as a whole bunch of attributes that may mean nothing to you - or maybe it could be saved as just a MOD file which won't have the attributes.
Either way the DXF/DWG works just as well, so that is why probably why there is no Archicad file.

3D objects or materials (with textures and fills) would be a different matter.
These are best in Archicad format - although we can import other 3D formats and it is fairly easy to make a basic material if we can get a decent texture image.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try the SteelSelect website for Archicad profiles:
http://www.steelselect.com/content/viewresource.php?id=4287&s=lmenu