cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

The Elevator Object

TMA_80
Enthusiast
Hi archicaders !

I find the elevator object interesting, the option to make the elevator "read" the story height is great BUT...this option causes problem too, if i want to have a different height for a special level (not the same of the story), the object doesn't allow anything other than the story height, the "edit story" button doesn't even seem to work (the story height still greyed)...

am i missing something ?

thanks in advance
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
14 REPLIES 14
Gerald Hoffman
Enthusiast
You can always insert a story at your intermediate level as storys don't have to relate to actual storys in the building.

Cheers,
Gerald
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-5030 USA
2019 MacBook Pro (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
owen
Newcomer
One problem with inserting these 'dummy stories' is they stuff your stair display for stairs running past the mezzanine level.

This is just one of the problems with Stairmaker stairs which leads to people not bothering with it - they model stair in 3D on hidden layer and then do the 2D symbol manually.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
TMA_80
Enthusiast
hi again and thanks !

the only flexible solution as mentioned in an earlier post; is to have the elevator object from the 9th edition of AchiCAD library....the new one is usless in my case (even though it gives more options especially for 2d ) ...

...GS Please fix it .

to be continued
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
mm really, now I'm facing this problem.

In my project I have two separate buildings, with different heights. I need elevators in both buildings and seems it it not possible to use the elevator "outside" the defined stories.

Anybody has managed to solve this?

Thank you!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Search with "multiple building story heights".

The general idea is to make use of hotlinked MOD files
to bring in a "building" with different story heights
than the the building you are working on. Of
course the MOD file can be a partial building or
even just an elevator.

Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
Snap wrote:
Search with "multiple building story heights".

The general idea is to make use of hotlinked MOD files
to bring in a "building" with different story heights
than the the building you are working on. Of
course the MOD file can be a partial building or
even just an elevator.

Snap
I suspect that this would not work since the elevator part will adjust to the current project and story height settings.
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can use the elevator object with its walls set to show for the building whose floors match the stories.
For the other building just turn off the walls in the elevator object and build the shaft walls with the wall tool.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
For the other building just turn off the walls in the elevator object and build the shaft walls with the wall tool.
Which is something you should do anyway if you want to get correct quantities from your model.
Frank Beister
Advisor
Best would be Elevator would be an opening object, that cuts opening and dorrs directly into the wall. 😉

Shouldn't be as hard to implement...
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm