Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Unwanted Master GDL in the libraries

agroni
Booster

Hi everyone,

for some years now, we have been battling some unwanted Master GLD Libraries in our Teamwork projects. I have recently found out, that other offices are facing the same occurrence.

Let me explain what is happening...

We start the project with a clean template, where only our standard libraries are available. During the project development, more or less after 1-2 moths, these libraries located in some strange folders start appearing. 

agroni_0-1696103391844.png

or here

agroni_1-1696103432512.png

You will probably think that is it from copying elements from other files. I can guarantee that this is not the case.

We have also tried the option of cleaning all related teamwork files. Nonetheless, the libraries appear after some weeks or months again. Because we don't receive error messages of missing libraries (after deleting them), this means that these libraries are not in use. We started to notice this problem already in Archicad 24. We are getting these master GDLs:

MASTER_GDL_ArchiCAD_Library.gdl

MASTER_GDLVelux81de_DB.gdl

ArchiCAD_Library_Master.gdl

Following my observations, I can conclude that the amount of those libraries might have a slight impact on performance. Still, we want to have super clean teamwork files, therefore it is bothering me a lot.

Does anyone have a similar case?

Why do they appear?

Did you manage to solve it?

I am very thankful for any input...

thanx

The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)
20 REPLIES 20

The best solution is to be alone in the file and reserve all when yo do that.

For some weird reason, some of there rogue scripts are replacing attributes sometimes and if you do not replace them with the originals in a controlled manner, you will have missing attributes in your model. If you do that while the affected objects are reserved by others, you have a high chance for the affected attributes in those objects to just go missing.

Deleting libraries IMO has to be done 1by1 anyway because you should verify if any of the contents are used in the project and in what volume so you know what to expect after you delete the library.

AC 7-26 (current 27)
iMac 3.6 Ghz 10Core Intel Core i9 / 12b GB / AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB / Ventura 13.4
https://globularcreative.wixsite.com/home