Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Updating Pre-28 Custom Company Library Objects to be Compatibility with the LibPack Model.

jfaugustine
Booster

I am trying to wrap my head around the new LibPack concept for the new Global Library in ArchiCAD 28.

From what I have read thus far, it appears that custom library parts need to be updated to "Select Subtype" and then to be "Model Element" > "Custom Component Element".  This needs to be done for each and every object in the company library.

While there is some information on the archicad community user forum, I am left with some questions, such as:

- After the library objects are updated as required do they populate a new post ArchiCAD 27 Company folder? 

- Are the updated library parts compiled into a Company Specific LibPack library file similar to the other global libraries?

(I believe it is mentioned in the commentary that both LibPack Libraries and legacy library files cannot co-exist in a project.)

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Joe A.

(ArchiCAD since 8.0)

ArchiCAD since 8.0, currently on 22, waiting on 26, maybe...
0 REPLIES 0