cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Warning! Cannot find some Library Parts or Internal Macros.

Gisele
Advocate

Gisele_0-1689020010156.png

How to fix this warning message?

What are Internal Macros?

AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
24 REPLIES 24

Because you have a PLA with all loaded libraries, you will have the complete libraries, whether the parts have been used or not.

If you don't want the entire libraries, don't archive with the option to 'include all parts in loaded libraries'.

If you already have access to the same libraries, then don't get an archive file at all, just have them send you the PLN.

You can archive it later if you want to.

It seems you did not 'Extract Elements to Folder' when you opened the PLA.

It looks like you chose to 'Read Elements Directly From Archive' - that means you can not delete the duplicates.

Expand the duplicates and you will see the paths of the duplicate objects.

One of those can be deleted from the source libraries.

Follow one of the paths to find the object and delete it.

Reload the libraries and the duplicate will be gone.

You may be able to delete the entire duplicate library rather than object by object.

You seem to have two different versions of the Archicad 23 library loaded.

BarryKelly_0-1720192350067.png

I think what I would do is open the PLA and extract the libraries to your hard drive.

The remove all of the libraries from the file in Library manager and re-load them.

Now you will see what objects are 'Missing' and it should say what library they are from.

Then load just that library and re-load until you have no more missing objects.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I extracted the libraries to the hard drive.
Unfortunately I can't figure out how to remove them.
The only thing I can see to remove the libraries is that button circled in red. However, by doing this, I remove the entire block of checked out libraries. All 1.6 GB of libraries, the vast majority of which are unused, are removed with that button.

As you continue to try, the number of warnings increases rather than decreases...
I believe it is necessary to act on the links below, eliminating them. But I do not know how I can do it. I think it's links to elements not used by the 3D model.

ilasmile87_1-1720196923267.png

ilasmile87_2-1720198126601.png

ilasmile87_3-1720198174735.png

ilasmile87_4-1720198242773.png

Yes the delete button is how you remove the libraries.

How many objects are missing (not from favourites or attributes) when you do that?

You should be able to see what library they are missing from.

It looks like you only have 312 instances of objects placed in the model, so delete that 'LIB' library.

It seems most of those objects may come from the default Archicad 23 library.

So all you need to do is load that library.

If you have Archicad 23 installed, then just install the Archicad 23 library from the Archicad program folder, and you never needed the archive if that is the case, just a PLN file would have done.

If you don't have Archicad 23 installed then yes you did need the PLA (but not with all loaded libraries).

You may now find that  Archicad 23 library in the LIB folder - just load that Archicad 23 library.

Or if you are using a newer version of Archicad, remove the LIB library, load your current version library (26 or 27 maybe) and also load the migration libraries to migrate those version 23 objects.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thank you.
I can't solve it.
I managed to eliminate all duplicates.
However there are many references to missing libraries. If they add even more libraries, I create many duplicates again.
The fact is that the 3D model is already complete as it is. The 368 missing libraries seem useless, perhaps a legacy of old projects.

How can I eliminate these useless references to libraries that are not used in my model?

I tried using ArchiCAD 23 with another PC.
Now I can save .pla files! Finally.
However, the "Cannot find some Library Parts or Internal Macros" warning problem still exists.

To "clean" all references to useless libraries I should delete the references, not other libraries. In fact, I've already deleted the libraries. It's possible?

ilasmile87_0-1720381125984.png

BarryKelly_0-1720400886600.png

If you expand the missing library parts, you should see what is missing.

The Archicad 23 library you have loaded is not the full Archicad 23 library that is located in ... C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ARCHICAD 23\ARCHICAD Library 23

Try loading just that library and see what is missing then.

The other libraries may be different language versions of the main 23 library - that is why they are creating duplicates.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27