Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wish upon an Object from BIMcomponents.com

Levente Filetoth
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

I guess I am preaching to the choir when saying that GDL is one of the core assets of ArchiCAD. To provide support for great GDL content to get created we launched BIMcomponents.com with ArchiCAD 16. In order to give some boost to the interest for the topic we decided to help deliver some long wished GDL objects that no-one has created as of yet.

Here we call upon a little contest: share your wish for an object that you cannot find in the standard ArchiCAD library and we will see to it that some of them get programmed and shared with all of you through the BIMcomponents.com portal.

The rules are very simple, just make a post with a concise description of what you think could be solved with the help of GDL and your award is that if your idea turns out to be interesting enough it will be programed by a professional GDL developer.

Please give us your ideas and let's see if we can create some extra value to the ArchiCAD community with the help of GDL.

Disclaimer: This promotional activity's goal is to find objects that are over the line of standard object development project, hence will never make it to the standard ArchiCAD library. Please use this thread to provide your input to this specific topic and please avoid raising issues related to the development of the standard ArchiCAD object libraries and/or to the development of the GDL technology in general. Thank you for your understanding.
Levente Filetoth
Architect, www.graphisoft.com
MacBook Pro 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.8.
ArchiCAD 4.5 - 19
93 REPLIES 93
Karoly Horvath
Advocate
Hi All,
Here is my wish: A Transmittal Sheet Object would be great, together with a Title Block + Revisions object...
Just today I read some posts dated back to 2002 wishing for some solution to document control. That shows me that this problem has been there for a while, yet no light seems to show at the end of the tunnel. A series of objects could go a long way before Graphisoft finally comes up with a top notch high tech all in one solution...

Regards
Karoly
ArchiCAD since 4.5

Windows, Mac
Karoly Horvath
Advocate
Daniel wrote:
TMA_80 wrote:
I don't if this can be considered as an object:

A Zone that can be dispalyed in section and elevation ( color , informations)
If you select the Zones, then choose the 3D windo option to show only selection, Zones will show in 3D. Then you can just configure the 3D view to be an elevation (orthographic, side view).
How about the zone name and other text properties? I wish they could be turned on in sections. Not to mention how great it would be if zone text positions could be linked to views, so in different view config. the text could not only show different data, but could actually be at a different spot! (We all know how annoying it is when the zone name shows right accross a smoke detector on RCP, but you would not move the zone name, because that would ruin the GA plan...)
ArchiCAD since 4.5

Windows, Mac
Francois_MCD
Advisor
laszlonagy wrote:
As a moderator who reads every post and has done so in the last several years (so I have some kind of idea of what people wished for before), I am wishing on behalf of the ArchiCAD community for the Modular Joinery object to be available to all.
I support this suggestion. Two thoughts here: currently the Modular Joinery objects is only available for SSA clients. A good incentive to get users to take up the benefits of having the SSA services. On the other hand making this specific object set available to all users could help swing many more users to rather use ArchiCad as preferred BIM software. Every bit helps in delivering what practices REALLY use on a daily basis. Modular Joinery would definitely will be one of those.
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Mario Sacco
Expert
Daniel wrote:
I wish for the BIM-component portal to allow independent object developers to sell their objects, now that Objects Online have closed off that side of their business, to focus only on Abvent product. I had several of the above wished-for objects for sale there at modest cost before OO closed the doors to us developers who helped build the site in the first place.

Many skilled developers are reluctant to spend many hours creating an object only to give it away.
I agree
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
sedley
Booster
How about a ROAD OBJECT?
Much like a ramp on steroids.
It should be able to create corners via editable hotspots.
Hotspots along edges and centre that can be adjusted in the Z direction all independently and the thickness must be even.
Curbs should be available also.
The ability to takeoff quantities.
Sedley Jeffers
St.Vincent & the Grenadines
Archicad 26 Full USA - Cadimage & Twinmotion
MacBook Pro M1 16", 64GB RAM. OSX Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
what about a satellite dish?

or a burglar (security) alarm box?

Thanks
dish.jpg
I have a need for modeling Pipe Railing Systems like this --

http://www.moddex.com.au/

And they would like to make parts and assemblies available in ArchiCAD format for download. They already have it available in Revit.

What they would like is to have an option in the ArchiCAD Stair Tool for selecting Moddex Pipe Railing system as we would other options like glass, cable, etc....

If anyone is interested in providing them with something like that which can be made available for download from their site please contact them or myself.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
[I wish for the BIM-component portal to allow independent object developers to sell their objects, now that Objects Online have closed off that side of their business, to focus only on Abvent product. I had several of the above wished-for objects for sale there at modest cost before OO closed the doors to us developers who helped build the site in the first place.

Many skilled developers are reluctant to spend many hours creating an object only to give it away.
]

Totally agree.
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
dumitrus wrote:
[I wish for the BIM-component portal to allow independent object developers to sell their objects, now that Objects Online have closed off that side of their business, to focus only on Abvent product. I had several of the above wished-for objects for sale there at modest cost before OO closed the doors to us developers who helped build the site in the first place.

]

Totally agree.
Thanks dumitrus for the show of support.
Apologies for indirectly requoting myself here through Dumitrus' quote above, but it bears saying again! Where are you David Correia? Time to start up a new alternative Objects Online again, as a genuine objects marketplace.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
JaredBanks
Mentor
You might try World of BIM:

http://www.archicad.worldofbim.com/

The goal of this site is to create a centralized store for small sellers of BIM content (tools, add-ons, objects, etc.). While their initial release is focusing on ArchiCAD, they plan on branching out into other platforms (Revit, Allplan, Vectorworks, Microstation…). Also here's a guest post on my blog from the owner of the site:

http://www.shoegnome.com/2013/01/06/guest-blogger-mark-beauman-world-of-bim/
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome