Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Won't Add Windows Or Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad will not let me add windows. Like i will click on a wall where i want the window to be and it doesn't show up. I am working with the latest version of archicad... This problem is only on one house i am working on. On my other projects it is fine. WHY is it doing this?! and how can i fix it??
14 REPLIES 14
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Walls set to "outlines only"?
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having this problem too. I am VERY familiar with all of the archiCAD settings. Something weird is happening and it seems project specific. I can option click and adjacent window that shows correctly, place into the wall next to it and see the sillouette of the window appear, but when I make the second click to place the orientation outward, nothing goes into the wall.

This is using a clients template dating back to AC17. I think there may be some corruption. I can't even put in and empty door or window opening.

-Sill is below cut plane and linked to base of wall.
- Renovation filter and window /wall settings are all NEW
-Model view options correct, since Windows/Doors I placed a day ago all appear normal.
- Wall settings for cut only and Window for symbolic but no settings affect the ability to PLACE the window / door. They simply are not going in.
- I can drag copies of the adjacent windows and they do copy and show up. But I can not OPT+CLICK the window and place again into the same wall.

I am assuming that since there are not many complaints bout this issue, it is a rare anomoly and, to solve it, I think I may just need to move all the modeling I can to a new template in AC19 and start fresh. Unless, of course, someone chimes in with a solution or a known bug.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody.
I had same problem with doors /windows. Here is what works for me:

1. select from toolbox window or door
2. show renovation palette
3. In renovation palette twice click on "Show on current Renovation filter only/ Show on all relevant filters" icon.
4. place door/window and celebrate.

Hope it helps for you too.
_archicaduser_
Beginner

Old topic, but if someone googles this and has this frustrating problem: For me Alt+clicking an existing door somehow let me place doors again (also from the toolbar). No idea what caused this to begin with and why that Alt+click fixed it, but I hope that would be the case for others as well.

When you ALT-click, you pick up the parameters and settings of a Door that is already successfully placed by the program and probably has all its settings in order. ALT-clicking replaces the current defaults settings of the Door tool with the settings of the clicked elements.

So, my guess is, the Door settings were corrupted somehow, and picking on those Door settings fixed it.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27